Are aluminium Rigid MTBs becoming harder to get hold of, or do they not make them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Cannondale Bad Boys are not exactly MTBs IMO but may be suitable for your requirements, don't know how much they weigh though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cannondal...507425?hash=item2cba246161:g:8W4AAOSwLEtYh3OR

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pinnacle Lithium is another one.
I second this: I've got one, dressed with Schwalbe Land Cruisers it took me to the Lakes and back along some very pot-holed NCN routes.
Great on the canals.
With mudguards and pannier rack I would guess it weights around 12kg, but it is an under £ 400 bike with hydrolic disks, can't have everything!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Ermmm..has anyone forgotten the other weight rule.....it's not about the bike, it's about the biker....'tis a lot easier to lose weight from the biker than the bike.....a 70kg rider on a 7 kg bike will need a lot more effort than a 60kg rider on a 7kg bike....just saying.....and BTW, I'm using 7kg as n ideal, not an actual weight

Goggs

Guru
This is light, although not 10kg light..

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/trekking/editor/cube-editor-blacknflashorange-2017/

A great bike but not cheap.

Ermmm..has anyone forgotten the other weight rule.....it's not about the bike, it's about the biker....'tis a lot easier to lose weight from the biker than the bike.....a 70kg rider on a 7 kg bike will need a lot more effort than a 60kg rider on a 7kg bike....just saying.....and BTW, I'm using 7kg as n ideal, not an actual weight
That's such a roadie rule.

Look for something like a Carrera Subway. Should be rugged enough for the sore of off reading you'd want to do without suspension. Must be plenty on fleabay and gumtree (just check they're not stolen)

Or someone might have one in their shed, put a wanted ad in the classifieds :okay:

Its not the kind of bike op is asking about.

Top Bottom