Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Try both, an hour apart, and see which feels best. Report back with your findings, just in case we do get two days of warm weather in summer.

had hot coffee but went for a lie down power nap part way through due to screen fatigue to compliment the caffeine boost :whistle: After that I enjoyed the remaining tepid coffee and am now having a chilled IPA before rinsing off the musty sweat an invigorating shower :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Your body generates about 100W of heat.
In cool weather that's all lost to the air by convection, but in warmer air the temperature difference is not sufficient so you supplement the convection by evaporating sweat. If some of the power is needed to warm a cold drink, that makes less to get rid of by sweating and convection, so you feel cooler and more comfortable. Drinking something warmer than body temperature is just adding to the burden of heat your body has to get rid of.
Would be true if your body didn't have to work harder to bring it up to temperature

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Heck, just had one of those "I wonder what it's like"?🤔 moments on Tesco car park. As I pulled up my mutt did his usual bark like billyo stuff as I got out my car. Then It happened! A woman approached me, saying "I can't let you do it! If you lock your dog in that car I'll phone for the police and if they won't come out I'll break a window to rescue him"! I explained to her that my car was cool as I'd had the windows closed and the sunroof closed with the air conditioning on cold and that I was only nipping to the cash point 20 yards away. This didn't pacify her. She then offered to hold him while I went to the cash point. I told her that I didn't know her and no disrespect but she could run off with him. Then quite a crowd appeared, some having a go at me, some backing me up including three of the staff. One woman even tried to snatch him out of his seat, but couldn't as he was seat belted in. Anyway, a woman I know appeared and said she'd hold him while I went to the cash point. All this took about 10-12 minutes and if she hadn't approached me I'd have been back in my air conditioned car it a minute at the most.

If only the TV cameras had been there I could've been a You Tube star!!:rolleyes:

Good on that woman.

There's a lot of stupid people around.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes, stupid people that let someone they don't know look after their dog, then that person does a runner with the dog. Or stupid people that leave dogs in very hot cars, not air conditioned ones that have an inside temperature of around 60 Fahrenheit/15 Celsius.

But they, quite rightly, wouldn't know if you were going to the cash machine or a big shop. Cars heat up fast.

Top Bottom