Are cats sickly little beasts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I agree with you on this one. In fact many pedigree cat breeders here actually ask that you keep their cats indoors. I am constantly reading of lost, injured and killed cats on my local Facebook page and lost my last Siamese who got out accidentally. Seeing your beloved cat squashed on the road is heart breaking so I will continue with indoor cats.
We have never had any pedigree kitties, @Mo1959, only rescues. However, all of them are/were priceless. My apple-head Siamese mix (beige tip) was my kitty boy of all kitties (below). Sorry you lost a Siamese to the threats of the road. 😿 There are so so many kitties that wind up in rescue shelters here in the States, that even though we have thoroughly enjoyed seeing beautiful bread balanize, Siamese and others, we always go for the rescue route. Here's Riley. Sadly, we lost him to thyroid disease. (2002 - 2018)

9EF816F8-89F3-4CF5-8987-D12A21EB031E.jpeg

Flopsy (or Princess Flopsy to give her her full title) is in charge. She is the most immobile (arthritis) but none of the others mess with her and ley her do as she pleases. Thunder is one of those cats that loves being stroked, but only on her terms. I have discovered she has sharp claws if you carry on stroking her after she has given you a warning with her claws tucked in! Storm, the youngest is a carefree, happy cat that does as she pleases and enjoys playing with all the toys and chasing squirrels in the garden, although if she gets too close, she slows down to let them get away!
As I stated, the boys are not that bright. They can be boisterous and frequently fight amongst themselves, but they know their place in the hierarchy.
The one that causes us the most problems, is one of the neighbours cats. She is a very small cat, but suffers from small cat syndrome! All of ours give her a wide berth when she comes in to mine sweep their food.

The one that causes us the most problems, is one of the neighbours cats. She is a very small cat, but suffers from small cat syndrome! All of ours give her a wide berth when she comes in to mine sweep their food.

Sounds just like Cosette - a friend's cat. She's only about 2.5kg wet through, but she rules the household (and visitors) with an iron paw.

And yes, she's a tortie. :laugh:

My friend has a large enclosed run in her garden, so Cosette can't terrorize the neighbours. But if she could, she probably would.

vickster

Legendary Member
We have 3 girls and 3 boys. The boys are not the sharpest tools in the box!
Goes for humans too :whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Re: mousing / rating; our cat as very good at it and mostly eats the mice at least, but that said, we wouldn't have rodents in the house if the cat didn't being live ones in and let them free. To be honest I don't thing cats predating rodents and birds makes much difference to the population as there are plenty of both round where we are, and plenty of cats too.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
My Zeus has gone missing again View attachment 604472 View attachment 604473 Lyndon Avenue area.
The same happened a couple of years ago and he came back after 2 weeks…
I was hoping we'd have heard, @Accy, that Zeus would have come home by now, or at least written you a letter to let you know that he would be staying out just a little bit longer. Keep us posted, we will all be glad to know when he has returned. 🐱👍

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was hoping we'd have heard, @Accy, that Zeus would have come home by now, or at least written you a letter to let you know that he would be staying out just a little bit longer. Keep us posted, we will all be glad to know when he has returned. 🐱👍

Barbara Rishton
19 August at 15:08 ·

My boy Zeus is still missing
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
Harwood Bar/Lyndon Avenue area. I last saw him early Friday morning August 13th.
He is 13 years old, chipped and neutered. I just need to know what has happened to him
1f494.png

I'm hoping that he's curled up on someone's couch, warm and safe, but I have my doubts
1f622.png
1f622.png

nc_ohc=nioWplfDsEIAX9sgKHe&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
Vi7X0sCYP4M_Gi25sQBN8V5EGs&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
nc_ohc=Jcbm5JvZU6MAX9zApAM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Sadly, he's still missing.:sad:

Last edited:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
We’re still rooting for him, @Accy, remember, by nature our boys are extremely resourceful. Not to mention lovable. But hopefully he’s just exploring, and chilling. He knows where home is, he has ventured far and wide and safely returned before.
😃👍🏻
Come on now, Zeus, daddy is getting nervous and wants you home.

Top Bottom