Are cyclists generally worse right now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just went out for a ride and had to shake my head on about 4 occassions in an hour.

People running red lights and cutting across my path, cutting into me taking off from lights after being much slower in the leadup, having the gall to turn around to me and say "2 metres" despite being her 5 metres away and having literally just cut in front of me (by her definition within 2 metres) after running a red...

It doesn't even seem to be just new cyclists, and it's definitely not today that it's only been an issue.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Don’t worry about it. Ride ya bike and drink a Fosters.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Just went out for a ride and had to shake my head on about 4 occassions in an hour.

People running red lights and cutting across my path, cutting into me taking off from lights after being much slower in the leadup, having the gall to turn around to me and say "2 metres" despite being her 5 metres away and having literally just cut in front of me (by her definition within 2 metres) after running a red...

It doesn't even seem to be just new cyclists, and it's definitely not today that it's only been an issue.

I suspect your username is a clue.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Blasphemy. Would never touch the stuff.

Is Tooheys still a thing?

OP
OP
A

Aussie Rider in London

Can't get any of the good Aussie stuff here, but I'm more than happy with the Belgians.

I'll have a Kwaremont out of my Kwaremont glass and it'll all be ok.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Can't get any of the good Aussie stuff here, but I'm more than happy with the Belgians.

I'll have a Kwaremont out of my Kwaremont glass and it'll all be ok.

I'm ashamed to say I had an Orval out of my St Bernardus glass recently. The ignominy.

I find that shouting "PLAGUE CARRIER COMING THROUGH" miraculously creates a 5 metre exclusion zone in front of me! :laugh:
I must admit to having done a fair bit of fake dry coughing any time I've gone out.

There's a tiny country road nearby that leads up to a reservoir. I think I'd previously seen three or four people there in my entire life, the last time I was out I must have seen 100 people easily in the space of 20 minutes. Idiots.

I of course am beyond reproach in this matter :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom