Are Cyclists Masochists....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Like ive many times gone beyond the point of the sensible on a cycle many a time but for some reason i keep on doing it: does this make me/us not right in the head :becool:

I recall once gettin way lost on the other side of a mountain literally 30+mls direct away from the house it was raining, had to go over 'tops as a local pointed out (it wont be easy was the last thing he said to me and boy was he correct)...the road itself was slippy as hell I was on the edge of normal energy levels.....then I had to make my way around said mountain to get back on the correct road,

Whats appealing about that...:biggrin:

I dont think I'm right in the head...

Anyone understand what I mean here...

buggi

Bird Saviour
i feel the need, the need for speed!

yep, absolutely sh!t myself coming down hills sometimes when i'm going so fast i know if i hit a pothole i'm a gonna.... but i still go back for more.

Noodley

Too much is made of the "masochism" of cycling. No more than any other sport/hobby...you are no tougher than anyone else...

buggi

Bird Saviour
Noodley said:
Too much is made of the "masochism" of cycling. No more than any other sport/hobby...you are no tougher than anyone else...

i don't agree. i think cyclists are the toughest of the lot.

anyone else can pack up and go home when it gets too hard. we are, by then, at least 30 miles from home and have to cycle back :becool:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
not only that, when you watch the TDF, they're at it for hours most days for 3 weeks.

footballers OTH are at it 90 mins a week, and most of that is standing about

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think Noodley's playing with us!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Noodley said:

Noodley have you ever snapped your axle (in the rush hour) but rode 15mls home on it..have ever snapped your bolts in your stem but rode it home holding it position have you Noodly ever snapped your frame after a chain gang but rode it home.. have you ever exhausted your supply of tubes..saught help but nothing could be sufficed so rode 25mls home on a flat only to have some kid lean out of a cars window, 1 ml from the house and point out that 'your tyres flat mate'..have you ever Noodley snapped some spokes soo badly the wheels crisped yet still rode it home ! ~ if you dont understand, you'll never 'get it'..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And Noodley, have you ever caught your balls on the handlebar stem? Or got your penis tangled in the chain while you were turning the cranks? Or had a spoke break and jam itself up your arse?

Obviously not, or you wouldn't make such ill informed comments.

Noodley

Smokin Joe said:
And Noodley, have you ever caught your balls on the handlebar stem? Or got your penis tangled in the chain while you were turning the cranks? Or had a spoke break and jam itself up your arse?

Obviously not, or you wouldn't make such ill informed comments.

Er..no. I tend to not do these things....although I may think about it in future :becool:

Dave5N

Über Member
Two cyclings here: Noodley's which is correct. a means of transport; a leisure pastime; an obsessive hobby;
or Yenrods'. Also correct. A racing sport, a balls-to-the-wall kill-or-die get to the sign first sport, an obsessive hobby.

Top Bottom