Are ducks meatier than they used to be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Using up leftovers, rather than a recipe. Fry up onion and red pepper, add garlic, medium curry powder and one third Madras, plus some turmeric, plain flour - basic roux stuff. Boil kettle in mean time and chop up half a block of coconut. Add water, two chicken oxos and the coconut. Stir while it thickens. Then add coarsely stripped duck, diced remains of roast potato, and the parsnip. I'll need to adjust the seasoning, and I'll let you know in ten minutes.
I'm now slobbering a bit. I've just had black beans, rice (and a shoe leather standard slice of beef for tea. Everyday local (Brazilian) food. and I do mean EVERY day.

The amount of waste too... 20litre bin full. 16 blokes onboard - over a litre of food each dumped.

Using up leftovers, rather than a recipe. Fry up onion and red pepper, add garlic, medium curry powder and one third Madras, plus some turmeric, plain flour - basic roux stuff. Boil kettle in mean time and chop up half a block of coconut. Add water, two chicken oxos and the coconut. Stir while it thickens. Then add coarsely stripped duck, diced remains of roast potato, and the parsnip. I'll need to adjust the seasoning, and I'll let you know in ten minutes.

In the meantime the duck carcase is in the big stock pot with the remains of the stuffing, to be scraped totally clean once cool and the liquid residue put aside for the Saturday soup - duck and spiced apple with caramellised orange topping.

Nowt goes to waste round here.

Only your words, Patrick.
Nice touch - the Marx Bros homage though - maybe add a laurel for a slightly different version?
Here's another duck soup.
Served with prawn quackers too? Eider know what else to say.
Here's a local picture too - no peeking...
chinatown-duck.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
They are stuffed full of antibiotics and hormones. If you eat duck you'll grow breasts and get antibiotic resistant TB.
...personal observation?

Berties

Fast and careful!
the meat of the duck is dependent on its breed and providence in general,we get wild duck and they are small and the taste is great,and if I use reared duck i try to obtain barbary crossed with peking which gives a good size and gamey taste,another good use for the carcase is pressing the carcase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressed_duck this is a dying practice

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
the meat of the duck is dependent on its breed and providence in general,we get wild duck and they are small and the taste is great,and if I use reared duck i try to obtain barbary crossed with peking which gives a good size and gamey taste,another good use for the carcase is pressing the carcase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressed_duck this is a dying practice

"consists of various parts of a duck served in a sauce of its blood and bone marrow, which is extracted by way of a press."

Particularly for the duck it seems

Top Bottom