Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you miss the rest of your post off?
No^_^. There was no half wheeling on the occasion of the 300W ebike accompanied by the 44KW noisier bike. I had a another cycling visitor staying, they know each other. He said to me, "I'm f***** if I'm going out with him if he can't at least pretend he's pedalling. Without linking to my previous contentious thread I should state that the freewheeling friend on his ebike is quite able bodied. In the contentious thread I said just the same thing as my other visitor regarding turning the crank, even if only half heartedly.
Edit for context and correction: Likely more than 400W motor.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
I've previously not been a fan of e-bikes, but after a recent health scare, Im thinking of getting one as it may be the only way to keep cycling. If that makes me a cheat then so be it.
It doesn't make you a cheat :okay:, it just means you're finding another way to remain a cyclist, better that than perhaps throwing the towel in earlier than you have to.
And even then....no excuse needed (a general statement, not specific to cuberiders post)...if someone doesn't like it (ebikes)....tough :laugh:

Top Bottom