Are footballers worth their money.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
It is FA Cup round 3 today,and i have watched the early kick off between Brighton and Newcastle.
Well what a set of rubbish Newcastlw were.Now next week a few staff in the sports shops are going to have to shift some clothing to pay for the players wages,and a lot less they will be paid and work longer.
According to the common taters these were not the first teamers.So what they were picked by a Prem league manager so they should be good enough.
I am glad i don't have to travel back to Newcastle tonight on a coach.
Pity they cannot be paid by performance,some would go hungry.
Anyway got to go now see if there is any bargains in Sports Direct,might buy a soccer player to stand by me pool in the garden with a fishing rod.I think Sir Alan Sugar had the right idea about the worth of football players,this is too nice a site to sully it with profanities.
So Mike to use a saying of a Geordie songbird ha ha.Are they wurth it.

TVC

Are footballers worth their money? No, nobody is worth £60k a week, doing any job.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
It's just gone full circle - my uncle used to play in the 1950's and a first teamer's wages were 15s a week. The average crowd was 40,000 at 1s entry - do the maths as to where the money was going.

(in new pence that's 75p and 5p)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Depends what league and what players you are talking about, i follow Leeds United in the Championship and our highest paid player is Bechio on around 15 grand a week , when we played Chelsea in the cup a few weeks ago, their striker Fernando Torres cost £40 million , depending who you speak to, the Arabs bought Leeds last week for around the same cost , thats players , staff , everything , so when you say are footballers worth it , some are , some are not.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Rooney £250 grand a week , some thing very seriously wrong with the world.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
It may be the going rate, but the question is are they worth it?
yes they are worth it, or should I say they are worth it when nurses, teachers, police officers, fire fighters, refuse collectors and anyone else who has to do the dirty shi**y jobs that make our society better get paid the same amount as them.

Peteaud

Veteran
Rooney £250 grand a week , some thing very seriously wrong with the world.

£250K a week whilst some people die of the cold or cant afford to eat properly shows what a sick society we have become imho.

I dont blame the players, after all they set themselves and their families up for life

Hip Priest

Veteran
Yes, because the players are the reason people watch football, so they deserve to get a big slice of the huge amount of money the game generates. Though I'd like to see the game generate a bt less money by cutting ticket prices.

Loads of Premier League clubs have empty seats, because £30-40 is hard to justify on an hour and half of football when money is tight.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Architects design wonderful things for people that they couldn't ever imagine until they see them,
... footballers are just overpaid nancyboys... [so, much the same then :blush:].:laugh:

Top Bottom