Are footballers worth their money.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's a lot of cash but if it isn't subsidised by the taxpayer then so what, you don't have to buy a ticket or pay for Sky - overpaid BBC execs, now that's another matter.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Go and ask a child picking rubbish off a dump in Lagos who may make £1 after 12 hours work or someone on the same rate in some Dehli or Jakarta sweatshop if you or I are worth our wages in comparison to them.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
:laugh: It's not real money, and not their own... nothing in the real world has anything to do with the insular world of footballers' or bankers' earnings!

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I'm not in the least interested in football, but like everything else its 'supply and demand'. Footballers are worth whatever the market is prepared to pay whether its £6k, £60k, £600k or $6m. I guess anyone who subscribes to Sky Sports is of the opinion that footballers are worth whatever they get paid because they continue to contribute to footballers' salaries.

It may be the going rate, but the question is are they worth it?
Nope, not a single one of them, and they never will be IMO.

The levels of pay are simply obscene, going rate or not :cursing:

Oh yes, and it's a stupid game as well ;)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
In defence of footballers and their wages... a high earning footballer in this country does not have the luxury of pretending to live abroad and therefore dodging shoot loads of tax. Lewis Hamilton, Richard Branson, The Spice Girls, Tony Blair and countless others all do or have done this.

PK99

Legendary Member
Yes, to make a million pound bonus, they have to bring in 10s - 100s of million pounds of business,

A friend of mine is a Tax Inspector specializing in fraud and avoidance - think "schemes" - should he have a cut of the millions he brings in?

Top Bottom