Are French made cars fitted with indicators ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've got a Volvo and a Mercedes!

And !!!!!

Drago

Legendary Member
The Smart resides in my tandem double garage. The Volvo is too wide to fit so I leave it on display on the driveway so people can see why I now walk about in a wermacht tank commanders uniform while shouting "down with indicators!"

DRL's are the biggest issue. Just because your bright LED DRL's are on, your rear light's arent. Flashed a guy on our road about 10 times in 200 yards, even switched my lights off and on. Oh, and his car has auto headlights - obviously switched 'off'.
Indeed, a large proportion of cars with (those stupid) DRLs, don't appear to have the tail-lights on the same circuit

Oh, and his car has auto headlights - obviously switched 'off'.
Wifes Toyota CH-R has 'auto-on', but they must be fairly sensitive, as they turn on, even when reversing it into the garage, in daylight
There is an odd point about it though.... it has complete LED lights..... barring the number-plate & interior lights:wacko:

gbb

Legendary Member
DRLs have a specific purpose, to allow other road users to see you. Try asking a truck driver who's looking in his mirrors in the rain and spray as you're passing him...DRLs make a heck of a difference in those situations if nothing else. Without them, you can appear almost invisible to them in rain and spray.

Drago

Legendary Member
Statistics have shown that there is no improvement in accident rates attributable to DRLs outside of the sub-arctic northern european climate. Research has also shown that use of over-bright day time lighting in otherwise good viewing conditions can increase the chances of certain types of collision, such as T bones etc.

Its was one of those things foisted upon us by the EU (I'm not going there!) because its must surely be good for safety, despite the actual evidence in its favour being dubious.

It's like motorcycle leg protectors. The EU came that close to making them mandatory in the 80's, despite much evidence from the then TRRL showing that they actually tore riders in half at the hip in severe collisions. That only stalled when the unelected EU officer pushing the idea turned out to be doing it out of revenge - he'd found out his wife had been having an affair with a biker, when days later by pure chance this crossed his desk, and he pounced upon it as a chance to take his revenge against all biker kind. He came close to succeeding too.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Difficult one this, chances are they did work at PDI but once its left the showroom... :laugh:
French electrics :laugh: you cant even use the leccy window to hand signal unless it broke in the down position :laugh:...

As said lazy bloody drivers and crap attitude to driving.
I was following a woman and i assume her daughter in a polo, mobile phone fixed to the screen for google maps so she couldn't really see other that ahead.. Thick as shyte

Drago

Legendary Member
Interesting, as by and large modern "French" electrics are done by Denso, who are Japanese, with a bit of Bosch and Valeo thrown in for light relief. In other words, they use much the same electrics as any other manufacturer these days. The image of French cars electrics is a couple of decades out of date.

DRLs have a specific purpose, to allow other road users to see you. Try asking a truck driver who's looking in his mirrors in the rain and spray as you're passing him...DRLs make a heck of a difference in those situations if nothing else. Without them, you can appear almost invisible to them in rain and spray.
Statistics have shown that there is no improvement in accident rates attributable to DRLs outside of the sub-arctic northern european climate. Research has also shown that use of over-bright day time lighting in otherwise good viewing conditions can increase the chances of certain types of collision, such as T bones etc.

Its was one of those things foisted upon us by the EU (I'm not going there!) because its must surely be good for safety, despite the actual evidence in its favour being dubious.

It's like motorcycle leg protectors. The EU came that close to making them mandatory in the 80's, despite much evidence from the then TRRL showing that they actually tore riders in half at the hip in severe collisions. That only stalled when the unelected EU officer pushing the idea turned out to be doing it out of revenge - he'd found out his wife had been having an affair with a biker, when days later by pure chance this crossed his desk, and he pounced upon it as a chance to take his revenge against all biker kind. He came close to succeeding too.

What are DRL's? Are we talking a new small white light, or the headlights on a low beam?

Top Bottom