Are people a little more polite now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Thats nonsensical. The reported collission rate is still below thatmof the same time last year, so regardless of your impression the road is a safer place than it was.

In addition, every time someone gives up their right to use the road it makes it harder for the rest of us to assert our rights and prevent our user group from becoming further marginalised.

Johnno260

Veteran
Thats nonsensical. The reported collission rate is still below thatmof the same time last year, so regardless of your impression the road is a safer place than it was.

In addition, every time someone gives up their right to use the road it makes it harder for the rest of us to assert our rights and prevent our user group from becoming further marginalised.

It's all true, like it's been said one idiot can ruin what was a nice ride, I think the douche bags are just more aggressive, which can make situations feel worse, that this mornings idiot pulled over and tried to confront me was laughable, if he really wants to pick a fight then he should pick up his own medical bills when I push his teeth down his throat, where I am located some people have zero patience and it's tiresome.

I will look into the chilli cam if it comes with the option to mount it on the bars, I don't want anything on my helmet.

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

It's all true, like it's been said one idiot can ruin what was a nice ride, I think the douche bags are just more aggressive, which can make situations feel worse, that this mornings idiot pulled over and tried to confront me was laughable, if he really wants to pick a fight then he should pick up his own medical bills when I push his teeth down his throat, where I am located some people have zero patience and it's tiresome.

I will look into the chilli cam if it comes with the option to mount it on the bars, I don't want anything on my helmet.
Sad to hear that - it seems a great shame that a tiny minority (I hope/assume) can have such a negative impact. Hope you hang on in there. I know statistically cycling is safe - I seem to remember from somewhere that there’s 1 death for every million miles cycles. I don’t quite know how they work that one out to be honest, but more often than not, it’s the perception of safety that is the issue. As Drago says, we need to assert our right to the public space, that happens to be the road. Hope you reconsider!

Sharing road space can be stressful to both cyclists and motorists which is made worse when drivers are aggressive towards cyclists and when cyclists are offensive towards motorists. I totally agree with an earlier posting that a smile and friendly wave de-escalates tensions. The same applies to traffic free route where cyclists share with pedestrians. The common denominator in each setting are people.

Top Bottom