Are there any CCrs that no longer cycle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Haven’t been on a bike ride in 2 years. Maybe I should change my username to Jayoffthebike

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I also have an intermittent lack of balance and have lost confidence on 2 wheels. When the weather warms up I may try again but in the meantime I got a tadpole trike which gets me out and keeps the legs moving albeit with different muscles from 2 wheels. Where you live you should be able to pick up a used one pretty cheap. Warning you need low gears to get up the hills.
Good idea OW....if it comes to that I will not hesitate.
Tell me, in decent weather etc how far would you expect to get.
I am not a distance freak so 20-35 miles did me fine.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Judging by the self entitled nobbers in cars I have remonstrated with after some particularly egregious driving I think you can not cycle for 50-60 years and still say "yeah but I'm a cyclist".

postman

Legendary Member
I have found these last few years I have cycled less,not because I did not want to its just other things took my time.Helping in laws,visiting kids in university towns.All cutting in to my time.So when I did get out I enjoyed it more,I do have rides planned for this year.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nothing wrong with taking a break @Dave7 especially if you have not been well.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Good idea OW....if it comes to that I will not hesitate.
Tell me, in decent weather etc how far would you expect to get.
I am not a distance freak so 20-35 miles did me fine.
These days I cannot get more than multiples of 4 miles due to covid restrictions. Normally do 8 miles to keep fit. Once better weather comes I will get on another route which will give me about 20 miles but could be extended once I get fitter. Last year before restrictions on travel I was doing on average about 25 miles per day. A lot depends on terrain until you get recumbent legs as different muscles are used.

yello

I've pretty much stopped for the last 3 years. I think I did around 300km last year. I'm actually at a loss to know why too. I just don't feel it like I used to. I keep thinking it'll come back, and live in hope, but it's simply not there. Whether that'll change or not, who can say?

Colin_P

Guru
For various reasons all things wax and wain, just like yinging and yanging, I wouldn't worry, you'll be back.

Dizziness is a terrible barrier to cycling and cycling confidence, one I've suffered myself (heart problems). But through perseverance I learned that a lot of mine was anxiety induced. Little and often is my mantra and rarely, if at all, do I exceed 20 miles at a time on the bike. It helps knowing you are not too far from home and can call for rescue or get off and push.

The obvious question is; when is someone going to invent an e-bike battery powered electric stabilising gyroscope for bikes, like ships and oil tanker have? A bike version would probably fit in a water bottle sized container. :rolleyes: That could also lead to a new craze of nautical themed cycling hats at well.

gyroscope-animated.gif.gif

Top Bottom