Are there any singers whose voice you intensely dislike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I'm sure she was a lovely person

She really wasn't, according to some.

https://popbitch.com/black-out/

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Anything autotuned, which is almost everything now. It sounds whiny and attenuated.

The guy known as Bastille has a pretty terrible voice, as does Chris Martin from Coldplay.

yello

Thing is, there a few poor (singing) voices that I actually like. Or at least, have not bothered me. Mark E Smith for instance. No one could ever accuse him of having a decent voice. Particularly not now.

Nina Simone was another who divided opinion. Was it a 'good' voice? Did you really care? She offered so SO much more than simply having a broad vocal range and technical ability.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Billy Bragg.

No problems with the person himself, although I don't agree with everything he stands for, but just wish he wouldn't try to sing.

I like Billy Bragg's songs/singing. In 'Waiting for the great leap forward' I think one line is quite self deprecating 'In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune, but this is reality so give me some room'. There's no pretence much like his guitar playing - it's about banging the message out....

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Adele, Jess Glynne, Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, Mariah Carey, Michael Buble

*The latter two seem to be brought out soon after halloween and defrosted in time for christmas

Top Bottom