Are there any standalone training bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are there any standalone training bikes That use the ant+ fe c so can use Zwift etc?
Not trainers that you fit your bike onto.
I mean one that will enable the power/resistance to be set by the software, not like Wattbike where you you just have a target power to try to aim at?

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'll be interested in the answers here. I believe the Turbo manufacturers are working on "Smart Bikes" but don't think any are out yet. Hopefully somebody will prove me wrong.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The advantage with a turbo is you are using your own bike and it's set up correctly for you. Cost as well could be an issue with a stand alone bike trainer.

Well saw that one but could not work out what it could do.
Don't think it has the Ant+ FE -C interface necessary
No it would appear that it is not compatable with zwift, but it will give you real world simulations. Your other option would be to by a smart trainer that does have these functions and a bike to leave permanently attached, an actual bike will be more realistic, and the combination could work out cheaper, its not as though the bike being left in situ would need to be a light weight carbon affair with electronic shifting, so long as the gears shift and the geometry is ok a Halfords special would be motr than adequate?

keke

Concept2 BikeErg works with Zwift

Top Bottom