1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any standalone training bikes

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by Stonechat, 23 Jul 2017.

1. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

Thanks Stonechat, I'm glad you're happy with it :smile:. I'm hoping I have mine before Christmas as I'll have a couple of weeks off work to get to grips with it.

With regards apps I'd recommend joining zwift if you haven't already. Riding with other people has proved a good motivator for me over the last couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

Seems the Atom is having quite a few teething problems...

3. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I've not heard much Tommy, is it delivery or/and hardware issues?

4. Whorty

Whorty aka McCheatingWhortface

:angry: Any linkies?

5. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

The comments on dcranmaker suggest they’re having some problems. Seems like they put it out without it being 100% ready. The shifting still sluggish, and it’s not working as well as it could with Zwift, TrainerRoad, sufferset etc. Apperantly they’re moving quite fast in firing out updates to sort the software side. But the shifting thing has set off s little alarm bell for me. Apparently it works off Bluetooth so maybe there’ll always be a slight delay. Now I’m quite glad I didn’t get mine when I was supposed to. I’m hoping they’ve sorted it prior to mine arriving. If not I’ll just have to make a judgement when I’ve tried it out. It ticks so many boxes I’m just hoping they iron out the creases. Wattbike have an excellent reputation. It’s just pretty poor that they’ve had so many niggles straight out of the gate.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Wattbike(V1) do have a good reputation, but it's so expensive that alot of decent trainers have taken up the top-end void and overtaken the market. Wahoo, Tacx, Cyclops etc. Wattbike must of felt their market was dwindling and decided on a new model to capture some ground, in the rush to do this have dropped the quality ball. Hopefully they will sort it out in time for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

21FCDEC0-C0E0-4044-B658-B9FD920F2407.png

Looks like I’m getting it before the end of the month. Now it’s just fingers crossed it’s not a disappointment!

• Like Like x 4
  8. theboxers

theboxers TheBoxers on Bkool

Make sure we get the full DCR style review after your 10 minute warm up ride :unsure:

9. Breedon

Breedon Veteran

Well at least you'll get it this month just think positively

• Like Like x 1
  10. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

To be fair thinking positively isn’t going to magically sort out the problems. At least if I’m being negative anything good that happens is a bonus! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2