Are there any standalone training bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
DC Rainmaker has done a review here
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09...tom-stationary-bike-with-antble-and-more.html

Note that his concerns regarding how tightly your tablet is held have been addressed, I am quite happy my iPad is secure.
His reviews are quite good

I will before long try one of the apps , it may not be zwift, I might try trainerroad
I may report back here, but I am not a great reviewer

I was so smitten I ordered pretty quickly as it was exactly what I was looking for (as you can seem from starting this thread)

Hope your delivery is not too long @TurboTommy

Only negative is the supplied pedals, but I was always going to fit some of my own , so pinched some Look pedals from my Felt

Thanks Stonechat, I'm glad you're happy with it :smile:. I'm hoping I have mine before Christmas as I'll have a couple of weeks off work to get to grips with it.

With regards apps I'd recommend joining zwift if you haven't already. Riding with other people has proved a good motivator for me over the last couple years.

<Tommy>

Seems the Atom is having quite a few teething problems...

<Tommy>

The comments on dcranmaker suggest they’re having some problems. Seems like they put it out without it being 100% ready. The shifting still sluggish, and it’s not working as well as it could with Zwift, TrainerRoad, sufferset etc. Apperantly they’re moving quite fast in firing out updates to sort the software side. But the shifting thing has set off s little alarm bell for me. Apparently it works off Bluetooth so maybe there’ll always be a slight delay. Now I’m quite glad I didn’t get mine when I was supposed to. I’m hoping they’ve sorted it prior to mine arriving. If not I’ll just have to make a judgement when I’ve tried it out. It ticks so many boxes I’m just hoping they iron out the creases. Wattbike have an excellent reputation. It’s just pretty poor that they’ve had so many niggles straight out of the gate.

CXRAndy

Guru
The comments on dcranmaker suggest they’re having some problems. Seems like they put it out without it being 100% ready. The shifting still sluggish, and it’s not working as well as it could with Zwift, TrainerRoad, sufferset etc. Apperantly they’re moving quite fast in firing out updates to sort the software side. But the shifting thing has set off s little alarm bell for me. Apparently it works off Bluetooth so maybe there’ll always be a slight delay. Now I’m quite glad I didn’t get mine when I was supposed to. I’m hoping they’ve sorted it prior to mine arriving. If not I’ll just have to make a judgement when I’ve tried it out. It ticks so many boxes I’m just hoping they iron out the creases. Wattbike have an excellent reputation. It’s just pretty poor that they’ve had so many niggles straight out of the gate.

Wattbike(V1) do have a good reputation, but it's so expensive that alot of decent trainers have taken up the top-end void and overtaken the market. Wahoo, Tacx, Cyclops etc. Wattbike must of felt their market was dwindling and decided on a new model to capture some ground, in the rush to do this have dropped the quality ball. Hopefully they will sort it out in time for you.

<Tommy>

21FCDEC0-C0E0-4044-B658-B9FD920F2407.png

Looks like I’m getting it before the end of the month. Now it’s just fingers crossed it’s not a disappointment!

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well at least you'll get it this month just think positively

Top Bottom