Are there any standalone training bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Got my Wattbike Atom yesterday ^_^

@TurboTommy He's not going to be pleased :tongue: just let him know how nice it is^_^

OP
OP
Stonechat

Stonechat

Guru
Just tried a quick 10 mins moderately hard. So far so good. I like the controls, I use an iPad, you control using the buttons on the handlebars.
Need to try something like Zwift/trainerroad/sufferfest
Out most of the day today so it’ll have to wait

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Just tried a quick 10 mins moderately hard. So far so good. I like the controls, I use an iPad, you control using the buttons on the handlebars.
It'd be nice to know if it'll work with the likes of bkool, BigRing VR etc.
Nooooo:cry:. Impatient people on here waiting for a decent review. :whistle:

CXRAndy

Guru
It fully compatible with all the major platforms, Zwift, TrainerRoad, sufferfest, Training Peaks etc. It has full Ant+ also Bluetooth communication protocols. A decent in built power meter which can also read left/right power output. Adjustable seat height and lots of forward/rearward adjustment, the handlebars will most likely be fully adjustable.

theboxers

It fully compatible with all the major platforms, Zwift, TrainerRoad, sufferfest, Training Peaks etc. It has full Ant+ also Bluetooth communication protocols. A decent in built power meter which can also read left/right power output. Adjustable seat height and lots of forward/rearward adjustment, the handlebars will most likely be fully adjustable.
Yeah, but, No, I'm a bkooler and BRVR user so I need to know man :cry:. Are you telling me bkool is not a major paltform? :blink:

I am working towards going for a workout plan for performance improvements, but I am not quite there yet. So the above platforms are not on my list at the moment. :sad:.

CXRAndy

Guru
I personally don't count it as a worthy major platform anymore, not that is not a slight against those who had or currently use it.

I'm confident the new Atom will work with BRVR, because its Ant+ compatible.

theboxers

I personally don't count it as a worthy major platform anymore, not that is not a slight against those who had or currently use it.
:sad:. There's a lot of good about bkool, it got me back on a bike :smile:. Unfortunately it is begining to be outweighed by the not so good.:angry:.

I'm confident the new Atom will work with BRVR, because its Ant+ compatible.
I hope you are right :okay:.

OP
OP
Stonechat

Stonechat

Guru
Well gave it a longer try today as it was showery out

It is a little noisier than I might have imagined but not that much
Did not used the Wattbike Hub app this time, did a workout on the Garmin.

I seem to have mislaid my lightning adapter and dongle for the iPad to enable Ant+. Will have to scour the place. These tiny bits are not cheap.
Then I can try apps like Zwift/Trainerroad etc

It was OK to use, need to direct the airflow from fan better, maybe have a fan front and back, as indoor temperatures are warmer

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well gave it a longer try today as it was showery out

It is a little noisier than I might have imagined but not that much
Did not used the Wattbike Hub app this time, did a workout on the Garmin.

I seem to have mislaid my lightning adapter and dongle for the iPad to enable Ant+. Will have to scour the place. These tiny bits are not cheap.
Then I can try apps like Zwift/Trainerroad etc

I was OK to use, need to direct the airflow from fan better, maybe have a fan front and back, as indoor temperatures are warmer

Why don't you use Bluetooth to connect to the iPad? Only the really old ones don't support it.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If I am going to use Ant+ -FC (or something like that) don't I need to use Ant+?
The Wattbike hub does not let you configure your own structured workouts
Bluetooth will do the same as ANT+. As long as both devices are compatible then there should not be a problem. I use bluetooth for Wattbike Hub and Zwift on a Wattbike Pro. I also use Bluetooth on my controllable Tacx trainer.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Congrats on the atom stonechat! I've ordered one but they've put back my delivery until early December...

For what it's worth I contacted BRVR a week or so ago and they say it should work fine.

A well positioned fan is a must for indoor turbo'ing. As is a towel and and bottle of water. Hope the atom isn't too noisy!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You have a new toy and you're going out!!!! If you don't want to use it, I'll happily use it for you :whistle: Definitely interested in a review once you've used it a few times :okay:

OP
OP
Stonechat

Stonechat

Guru
DC Rainmaker has done a review here
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09...tom-stationary-bike-with-antble-and-more.html

Note that his concerns regarding how tightly your tablet is held have been addressed, I am quite happy my iPad is secure.
His reviews are quite good

I will before long try one of the apps , it may not be zwift, I might try trainerroad
I may report back here, but I am not a great reviewer

I was so smitten I ordered pretty quickly as it was exactly what I was looking for (as you can seem from starting this thread)

Hope your delivery is not too long @TurboTommy

Only negative is the supplied pedals, but I was always going to fit some of my own , so pinched some Look pedals from my Felt

Top Bottom