Are there any walkers here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have a thread dedicated to cyclists who are runners, but there doesn't appear to be a thread about walkers, and I'm sure there are a more than a few from this parish.

Do you spend time walking. Do you use walking as a way to get and or keep fit in comjunction with cycling? Where do you walk? Are you a serious walker. Have you or do you go on walking holidays? Did you start trying to get fit by walking first then taking up cycling?

I'll start. I don't cycle everyday, and want something that I can do, that is cheap, and easy to do and is something that can go hand in hand with cycling. So today, I decided to go for a walk. I am lucky that I live in an area that has some outstanding scenery, so I set off to climb a rather large hill that is literally 1 minute from my house. It was only 1 mile, but it was around 800 feet straight up for half a mile, so I got a good workout. Id like to do tihis and other walks at least twice a week . I stopped and took a few photos along the way. What kind of walking do you do?

Attachments

• 20140908_131020.jpg
    20140908_131020.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20140908_130113.jpg
    20140908_130113.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20140908_124944.jpg
    20140908_124944.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 44

djb1971

Legendary Member
Nice walk. Bet you wish you'd taken the bike:giggle:

D

Deleted member 23692

I get the chance to go walking 5 days a week as its a large part of my job. Recreational walking is a just a busman's holidaythese days, hence me doing more cylcing

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Walk a fair bit, usually in the UK. Wales is my usual choice- great hills and coast. I often walk for holidays since Ms. P likes to walk too. We either plan walks we can do over a number of days carrying a pack and camping or we use an alternative model where we camp in one area for a couple of days, plan and do a couple of walks then pack up and use the bus or train to go somewhere else and do the same- usually sticking to the same general area.

For leisure I prefer walking to cycling (I'd prefer it for transport too if I didn't have to travel as far as I do).

Probably shouldn't say that on here though.

OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Walk a fair bit, usually in the UK. Wales is my usual choice- great hills and coast. I often walk for holidays since Ms. P likes to walk too. We either plan walks we can do over a number of days carrying a pack and camping or we use an alternative model where we camp in one area for a couple of days, plan and do a couple of walks then pack up and use the bus or train to go somewhere else and do the same- usually sticking to the same general area.

For leisure I prefer walking to cycling (I'd prefer it for transport too if I didn't have to travel as far as I do).

Probably shouldn't say that on here though.

There is nothing wrongmwith being honest.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I enjoy a good walk, nowadays it's in the company of 2 dogs, and recently has been short strolls of up to 3 miles. Recent past involved walking up the 3 Peaks with some chaps I work with, some of whom I've also cycled with and are planning to do C2C with next year.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Dog owner so not much choice really. Always one long walk per day, then usually one or two shorter ones too. I enjoy walking every bit as much as cycling but don't really search out new walks as the three or four walks I usually use around here are all lovely and I don't get tired of them. DSCN0102_zpsf0e3fa9b.jpg
DSCN0147_zps4f4be78f.jpg
Just a couple from two walks within about ten to twenty minutes from my door.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
^^^^

Wow Mo!

Used to walk a lot in the lakes, N Wales and Devon but then Jo became ill for a couple of years. She was more or less housebound so I suited myself and had to entertain the boy, so kayaking took over.

Cambridgeshire is rubbish for walking. One edge of a wheat field looks the same as the next. I walk miles at work.

Top Bottom