Are there any walkers here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
07 An Teallach from Gleann na Muice 2.JPG
Ben Nevis from Carn Mor Dearg.JPG
IMGP1403.JPG
IMGP0757.JPG
Nice pictures.
I'm a member of a mountaineering club, but cycling and triathlon keeps getting in the way.
Profile picture is me on top of my 100th Munro. I'm now at about 180. I'm determined to finish them sometime.
All of those photos are in Scotland.

OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Ian A

Über Member
I grew up in Yorkshire and did a fair bit of walking around Ilkley and Baildon. Now I live somewhere flat with not much in the way of countryside unfortunately. My children are getting bigger now and walk a lot in general so we're going to the lakes next year spring half term and see how they enjoy it. Planning on child friendly distances to scenic places with a picnic thrown in..

Longshot

I love walking mostly in the cotswolds where I live usually 10 miles.
I've done some 100km walking challenges as well my best is 22hrs from London to Brighton.

Cool. I'm doing the 100km Thames Path Challenge on Saturday/Sunday this week. I'd rather be on my bike!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
that's a nice mole hill! :tongue: sorry only messing around, well done
not sure i even got that high when i tried climbing Swedens' highest mountain (Kebnekaise) this summer (sprained my ankle after a few KM :sad:)
Cheers Ed
Possibly Scotland's most photographed mountain....
I first 'climbed' 'curved ridge' on the big Buachaille in the mid to late 70s. see you tube video attached..it was fun(?) but I'd promised it would be the hill I'd do first after my 60th ( first biggy was Snowdon due to circumstances) but due to snow lying till June, I finally got there with my son..
Dale Head in the Lakes is my next milestone hill:thumbsup:
Seriously anyone reading this thread who hasn't enjoyed the solitude, the being with nature and the satisfaction of getting there and finally the views....get out there.
Find someone with a bit of experience to go with or better a rambling /walking group.
Its hard going at times but its an experience^_^.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Some lovely photos there guys well done

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yes - my big passion is mountain walking/climbing.

Not so much climbing these days as a) the novelty of hanging on an ice screw halfway up a wall with spindrift choking you whilst your mate tries for the umpteenth time to find the next halfway secure belay above you wears a bit thin after a while and b) I dislocated my shoulder on Ben Nevis Tower Ridge (Winter) at the base of Little Tower and it was a *leeding epic to finish the climb. Since then I struggle to put any significant weight on my shoulder esp' when reaching up.

I still scramble up to grade 2/3 though which also intersects nicely with my more cautious approach to risk taking - an age thing!

I prefer the hills to cycling - heresy!

Taken from Ben Nevis Summit Feb 03 following ascent via CMD Arete - easy winter route.

BN-Summit-Feb-03.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
grew up in N Wales. not much else to do except walk and climb ( sheep chasing is so passe) lost count of times been up snowdon on all the routes . have done some good walks from beddgelert too . as a kid i walked the railway tunnels for miles and miles . wish i could do that now !

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
A couple from today's walk. bit misty but warm and very little wind. I should have done the route in reverse though as climbing down the crags on Robinson was a bit too exposed for my liking, especially as I'm still rather protective of my right arm.

DSCF1753.JPG

Buttermere

DSCF1750.JPG

Knott Rigg with Newlands Valley down right, and Crag Hill and Whiteless Pike on left

Last edited:
Top Bottom