Are there really any bargains on ebay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
As others have said, you just have to be patient. Sooner or later someone badly describes an item or puts up some crappy photos that don't do it justice and it goes for less than it should. Sometimes just no one else wants it.

I sold a pair of 700c disc-only forks a few weeks ago for 20quid. They were as new and the RRP was 90quid. I asked the buyer out of interest what he wanted them for - to stick on his hackbike and raise the front end a couple of inches so he could play bike polo. :rolleyes:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Forgot to bid on this one, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230872903585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649, someone got a bargain
$(KGrHqN,!q8FBIgMGQgJBQj(F1q70w~~60_12.JPG

That is a bargain, probably more so because you forgot to put a bid in. It often just takes a couple of people bidding to boost the price up by a considerable amount. The only bargains I have ever had and it was not cycling related were usually when the item was not listed very well.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
It used to be people just selling their stuff, but now its quite hard to find anything reasonably priced, let alone cheap.

In my opinion, car-boot sales went the same way. It used to be that the majority of sellers were having a clear out, and were keen to shift stuff, often at attractive prices. Now you get a large proportion of professional sellers, many of whom don't even want to haggle a bit.

Matt1705

Über Member
I once bought a car for about 60 quid. No photos but a fairly detailed description. I only wanted a cheap car with a couple months MOT on so it suited me :-)

Few weeks later a woman in a 4x4 drove into the back of me at a roundabout. Insurance company decided it was a write off and offered me £250 for it! :-D :-D

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
......... The only bargains I have ever had and it was not cycling related were usually when the item was not listed very well.

Here's one that may or may not be listed properly.
At first it seems yo be an Endura Jacket. If it is why is the Platform Microsoft Xbox 360 and the Publisher is Electronic Arts?
If it's a jacket it could be a bargain. Depending on the condition.

Here's one that may or may not be listed properly.
At first it seems yo be an Endura Jacket. If it is why is the Platform Microsoft Xbox 360 and the Publisher is Electronic Arts?
If it's a jacket it could be a bargain. Depending on the condition.
Looks like a jacket to me. seller has 1039 feedback and 100% and each and every single item "he" has listed is under "Platform Microsoft Xbox 360 and the Publisher is Electronic Arts" so probably just quick listing via one of the ebay listings programs that "he" does not have the hang of or can't be bothered about.

Top Bottom