Are these any good.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I know they are only £12 but are these any good on the road. I have still got 27" wheels on my road bike. If I change to 700c I'll need new brakes, levers + the wheels and as the wheels are still true, even at almost 30 years old, I'm loathe to change them. 27" tyres are getting more rare. More so any that are any good. I have Marathons on at the mo but I'm thinking of next spring/summer and something a little lighter.

These are alternatives, Panracer Pasela or Gatorskins. The Marathons are ok but a little heavy and wide for mudguards as they rub on the stays.

screenman

Legendary Member
Having read a few reviews on these they look to fit your requirements quite well.

http://reviews.wiggle.co.uk/7867-en_gb/5360011044/ultra-sport-road-tyre-reviews/reviews.htm

tyred

Legendary Member
I use Ultrasports 27 x 1 1/8" on my fixed gear and I have no complaints after 1,800 miles. Seem lighter and lively compared to other 27" tyres I've tried and only 2 punctures to report (hawthorn hedge clippings). I don't think they are the grippiest tyre out there on a greasy road but I haven't fallen off either so muct be okay in reality.

Top Bottom