Are we too judgmental as cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Again where does it say that?

In the relevant law that was passed a number of years back. The law is about being in charge not about being in motion.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Plus a million other places if you care to look.
Seeing as interpretation of the legislation seems to revolve around definition of the word 'drive', I thought the CPS link was good as it references the relevant case law. Interestingly, Jones v Prothero, cited as an example of a vehicle being 'driven' despite being stationary with the engine off, is a case of a 'driver' failing to report the dooring of a cyclist.

tyred

Legendary Member
Sometimes drivers in cars I would term as "boy-racer" style vehicles kindly let me out at junctions, and other nice gestures- makes me feel bad for the way I pre-judge people based on their car looking a bit "sporty".

To be perfectly honest, I rarely have a problem with them, or young drivers in general.

I'd say most if not all my potentially dangerous interactions with motorists whilst cycling have come from impatient middle-aged drivers who always seem to be in a rush but apparently have the time to slow down to shout at me out the window or else pensioners who clearly mean no harm but it is questionable whether or not they should still be allowed to drive.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Funny to think that the earliest millennials are now middle aged.
Rather depends on your definition of millenial and of middle aged. I think I was born too early to be a millenial, but I'm only just old enough to start being considered middle aged.

lane

Veteran
I was always too young to consider myself middle aged then suddenly I'm not too far off a pension so seem to have missed it altogether.

Top Bottom