Are women only interested in hunks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Tetedelacourse;179411][QUOTE=Chuffy said:
Yes it does but why accuse only the male contingent of stereotyping when Kirstie was guilty of it too? A bit blinkered. That's what I was getting at.

So far all the women have offered is a stereotypical view of this "woman who is more interested in personality" and beefcakes like Patrick and Dallaglio don't get a look-in in the real world ;)

My wife described me as skinny the other day. Mind you, she is a South Walian and a rugby fan. :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Patrick Stevens;179438][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
My wife described me as skinny the other day. Mind you, she is a South Walian and a rugby fan. ;)

Maybe she just meant you had a lot of skin:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse;179411][QUOTE=Chuffy said:
Yes it does but why accuse only the male contingent of stereotyping when Kirstie was guilty of it too? A bit blinkered. That's what I was getting at.

So far all the women have offered is a stereotypical view of this "woman who is more interested in personality" and beefcakes like Patrick and Dallaglio don't get a look-in in the real world :blush:

Perhaps that's because the women who have taken part all happen to fall into the 'personality matters more' camp. If we are unrepresentative of womanhood as a whole, that's not our fault, we've all just expressed our personal taste.

Maybe, if you went and looked on makeup or hairdressing forum, you'd get a different sample. I can't help being how I am you know. Maybe it would be easier to be a bit brainless and just be after money and muscles, because when you get to my age decent intelligent SINGLE men are very hard to find.:?:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@ Arch
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Any special interest forum will be a self-selecting sample almost by definition, so you couldn't draw a truly representative opinion from us. Looking at Soapbox, that's probably just as well.:blush:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Chuffy said:
I say Archie, Post 80, that's Tetters that you're quoting there, not me!
Not having a blonde moment were you? :?::blush:

Shush! Arch has gone blonde. She's stuffed with silicone, dyed to the max and has just had 90% of her brain removed. She's perfectly happy reading "How to shag a premiership footballer" in Hello magazine.

Patrick Stevens said:
Shush! Arch has gone blonde. She's stuffed with silicone, dyed to the max and has just had 90% of her brain removed. She's perfectly happy reading "How to shag a premiership footballer" in Hello magazine.
Shouldn't that be 'How to shag someone else's Premiership footballer'?:blush:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Chuffy said:
Shouldn't that be 'How to shag someone else's Premiership footballer'?:ohmy:

The old Arch would have thought that "Roasts" was something to do with cookery, but as a blonde....................... :tongue:

Coming to this a little late I'll add my thoughts.

I don't tend to attract conventional girls, nor do I really want to. Partly it will be due to how I look, but I believe most of it is just an air that you give off.

I wouldn't want to go out with a girl whose biggest consideration was looks.

I fancy the pants off my gf, physically, mentally and spiritually - thats what I want, the connection that makes the world slow down whenever you catch their eyes. When you wake up and find that they have already woken up and are just looking at you. Their familiar touch and smell. Putting their jumper on if they are away feel closer to them. The ability to make you feel better just by hugging you.

Tetedelacourse

Arch;179478][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
Perhaps that's because the women who have taken part all happen to fall into the 'personality matters more' camp. If we are unrepresentative of womanhood as a whole, that's not our fault, we've all just expressed our personal taste.

Maybe, if you went and looked on makeup or hairdressing forum, you'd get a different sample. I can't help being how I am you know. Maybe it would be easier to be a bit brainless and just be after money and muscles, because when you get to my age decent intelligent SINGLE men are very hard to find.:tongue:

A perfectly reasonable explanation yes, but stereotyping nonetheless. I merely wanted to show you that both sexes are guilty of it.

Top Bottom