Are women only interested in hunks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Clearly I'm very late to this debate - blame work!!

Personally, yes I find rugby players very attractive and if I was single, I would be quite excited if Laurence Dallaglio came in the room. I think most people tend to be attracted to someone physically first and just as many girls will go for the snake hipped rock type as will go for the rugby players and even shaven legged Rasmussen types. It's whatever floats your boat. That can't necessarily be helped.

However what you find attractive in a man to start with and what actually makes you fall in love with someone is incredibly different. In line with all the girls on the forum...it's absolutely the person that matters, not the size of the thighs or anything else. I love my husband more than words can say and I fancy the pants off him...but what I'm really looking forward to is growing old with him, laughing over stupid stuff we both find funny, buying a tandem when we hit 60....not how much he'll be worth with his pension scheme.

Some girls without doubt are shallow enough to follow fame, wealth and glamour...but just as many blokes lust after brainless blondes with big boobs, or girls in lycra shorts (!) but potentially not a good heart! It works both ways.

However, Richard also bakes a mean Bread & Butter pudding...I wonder if we've found what makes a bloke a keeper??

Bigtallfatbloke

Ah but for some of us, 'fitter' means brainier, or more imaginative, or creative.

I am intelligent and very creative. I am also very artistic, musical and imaginative. After a year of dieting and riding every day I am now even considered not to be obese, and by the end of the year I will be classed as fit.
I am also funny at times and can even hold a conversation about things other than 'football beer and birds'.
I am tall, dark, handsome and have long flowing hair. I have been compared to Tarzan with a sense of humor and a brain. In short I am every womans dream man....erm...'cept for the money:biggrin::biggrin:.

.Turns dream mode off :biggrin:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
User said:
I regularly get chatted up by women but am not exactly what you'd call a hunk (a chunk maybe :biggrin:)...

...and it's amazing how many women don't spot my boyfriend standing next to me! :smile:

Ditto. Same for me. :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Arch said:
<snip>

So far, I think only Keith, out of the chaps, has tried to make the point that women are all just people with different tastes, like men are. The rest of you seem to be living in some boys-own world of stereotypes.[/QUOTE]

Arch, please go and read post number 16 of this thread. Do you include Kirstie in "some boys-own world of stereotypes"? Or is it OK for women to stereotype and not men?

Tetedelacourse;179219][QUOTE=Arch said:
<snip>

So far, I think only Keith, out of the chaps, has tried to make the point that women are all just people with different tastes, like men are. The rest of you seem to be living in some boys-own world of stereotypes.[/QUOTE]

Arch, please go and read post number 16 of this thread. Do you include Kirstie in "some boys-own world of stereotypes"? Or is it OK for women to stereotype and not men?
Surely the bit in bold applies?

mikeitup

Veteran
Chuffy said:
Ah yes, Mens Health springs to mind for the never ending ways that they can put a generic hunk and "One Million Sex Tips To Make Her Scream In Bed" .

Thats easy, wipe your dick on the curtains ;)

Abitrary

I remember once watching Family or Fortunes I think in the 1980s, bob monkhouse or whoever asking one of the young female contestants what her ultimate date would be, and she said 'a night with mr universe'.

That scarred me as a child, and don't forget this was pre-watershed stuff on at about 6pm.

atbman

Veteran
yello said:
I think (some) women have always liked muscular hunks.

I remember being in a bar in Boston, US when a Celtic's (basketball) player came in and all eyes fell on him... but then he was around 7 foot tall!

If all eyes fell on him, does that mean everyone was over 7' tall?

Tetedelacourse

Chuffy;179232][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
Surely the bit in bold applies?

Yes it does but why accuse only the male contingent of stereotyping when Kirstie was guilty of it too? A bit blinkered. That's what I was getting at.

So far all the women have offered is a stereotypical view of this "woman who is more interested in personality" and beefcakes like Patrick and Dallaglio don't get a look-in in the real world ;)

Top Bottom