Are women only interested in hunks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Kirstie said:
For several years but not that kind of publishing :smile:

You'd be feasome editing mens magazines - playing on every indequacy out there:

"Our new survey shows that the average male is now more muscular than a champion bodybuilder, has a 17" willy and sex at least 12 times a day, drives a BMW M5........................" :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Patrick Stevens said:
You'd be feasome editing mens magazines - playing on every indequacy out there:

"Our new survey shows that the average male is now more muscular than a champion bodybuilder, has a 17" willy and sex at least 12 times a day, drives a BMW M5........................" :biggrin:

methinks you're confusing inches and millimetres patrick :smile:

simoncc

Women love hunks, but cash trumps hunkdom any day for women. I remember a woman at work, recently divorced, telling me of the wonderful open day at the local fire station where she'd taken her two young children. She told me of the lovely hunky firemen she'd met and I asked if she was interested in any of them. She said no, she needed a man who earned a decent wage!

simoncc said:
Women love hunks, but cash trumps hunkdom any day for women. I remember a woman at work, recently divorced, telling me of the wonderful open day at the local fire station where she'd taken her two young children. She told me of the lovely hunky firemen she'd met and I asked if she was interested in any of them. She said no, she needed a man who earned a decent wage!
No point looking for one within the public sector then...:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
simoncc said:

Simon, you may find this hard to understand, so I'll speak slowly.

Not. All. Women. Are. The. Same. Just as not all men have your sort of disparaging attitude about women.

So far, I think only Keith, out of the chaps, has tried to make the point that women are all just people with different tastes, like men are. The rest of you seem to be living in some boys-own world of stereotypes.

Arch said:
The rest of you seem to be living in some boys-own world of stereotypes.
Oi! :biggrin:

I'm very lucky. I fell in love with Baggy before I even clapped eyes on her in the flesh (or clapped anything else on her flesh...:biggrin:). The fact that she is very beautiful was an added bonus. Or did I think she was beautiful because I'd already fallen in love with her? Discuss...
Anyway....:smile::biggrin::thumbsup::tongue::thumbsup::biggrin:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Arch said:
So far, I think only Keith, out of the chaps, has tried to make the point that women are all just people with different tastes, like men are. The rest of you seem to be living in some boys-own world of stereotypes.

This was the point that Matthew Syed was making. He assumed that women had different tastes and that someone would like a slim wiry, Oxford graduate, who wrote for The Times and was interested in politics. This assumption had worked for about 20 years. Then Lawrence Dallaglio came into the room and he realised that it was all wrong. :biggrin: He felt like the nineteenth century clergyman who studied fossils, realised that Genesis in the bible was wrong, and lost his faith. One moment he was having an intelligent conversation about the concept of the "political narrative" and the next moment she was visibly salivating over LD's pectoral muscles.

So, poor Matthew is taking Human Growth Hormone, spending six hours a day in the gym and boning up on rugby in the hope of being allowed to mate in south London.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:
Oi! :biggrin:

I'm very lucky. I fell in love with Baggy before I even clapped eyes on her in the flesh (or clapped anything else on her flesh...:biggrin:). The fact that she is very beautiful was an added bonus. Or did I think she was beautiful because I'd already fallen in love with her? Discuss...
Anyway....:smile::biggrin::thumbsup::tongue::thumbsup::biggrin:

Sorry Chuffers. For what it's worth, and please take it as a compliment, I often forget you are a chap....

Oooh, as for falling for people before you meet them.....

Arch said:
Sorry Chuffers. For what it's worth, and please take it as a compliment, I often forget you are a chap....
Oooh, as for falling for people before you meet them.....
Heh, one of the nicest compliments I've ever had, ta! :biggrin:}:tongue:
That tinterweb's a bit of a bugger isn't it? Just ask my ex....:smile::biggrin:

simoncc

Arch said:
Simon, you may find this hard to understand, so I'll speak slowly.

Not. All. Women. Are. The. Same. Just as not all men have your sort of disparaging attitude about women.

Arch, I. Did. Not. Say. All. Women. Are. The. Same.

I said that what a man earns is a very important factor for most women when choosing a man. The rich old man with attractive young wife phenomenon gives me some confidence I'm not entirely wrong in this belief.

andharwheel

Actually my girlfriend earns about twice I do. we were good friends before we slept together. So I like to think that she values me for more than just what I look like and what I earn.

simoncc said:
Arch, I. Did. Not. Say. All. Women. Are. The. Same.

I said that what a man earns is a very important factor for most women when choosing a man. The rich old man with attractive young wife phenomenon gives me some confidence I'm not entirely wrong in this belief.
Hmmm, lets check what you said shall we? I'll just switch my 'sweeping generalisation' detector on...
simoncc said:
Women love hunks, but cash trumps hunkdom any day for women.
BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEP!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We're all (mostly) intelligent enough and nice enough people to realise that looks/physique aren't always the trump card, and earnings aren't always the trump card either. However, there's no denying that on a physical level, a good body (and of course we have individual tastes) provides attraction at a fairly basic (phwoooaaar) level, and cash can provide another trump card.
As for what does it for me, a decent bread-and-butter pudding, plus the ability to take the top off a ketchup bottle using only your tongue, will always win. :biggrin:

Fnaar said:
As for what does it for me, a decent bread-and-butter pudding, plus the ability to take the top off a ketchup bottle using only your tongue, will always win. :smile:
I bake a mean b&b pud. As for the bottle top, do you want it unscrewed or just levered off with brute force? :biggrin:

Top Bottom