Are women only interested in hunks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Awww, so cute - y'all and your insecurities. Have a reassuring and not-in-any-way-patronising pat on the shoulder from me :smile:

For most of us it's all about what kind of person you are...but personally I am partial to music-loving cyclists (luckily I married one!!).

Tetedelacourse

Kirstie said:
Awww, so cute - y'all and your insecurities. Have a reassuring and not-in-any-way-patronising pat on the shoulder from me ;)

For most of us it's all about what kind of person you are...but personally I am partial to music-loving cyclists (luckily I married one!!).

Oops! Guess you're not allowed to post or take part in any topic related to male attractiveness, as it means you must be insecure.:smile:

Tetedelacourse said:
Oops! Guess you're not allowed to post or take part in any topic related to male attractiveness, as it means you must be insecure.;)

LOL! Yep that's me!! :smile: (I was trying to be nice...in the end!!)
Are there any such threads? The only ones I remember either died or got taken over by blokes ;)

Tetedelacourse

Kirstie said:
LOL! Yep that's me!! :smile: (I was trying to be nice...in the end!!)
Are there any such threads? The only ones I remember either died or got taken over by blokes ;)

I think you're referring to ones begun by women, aren't you?

I think you were right about insecurity as far as this ping pong minger goes mind you. Dallaglio walks in and you're dunked = you're a bit shoot really.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If this Syed person is a sports writer, and the only tenuous link to sports is the fact the a well known rugby walked in and took the attention of the women he was taling to, shouldn't his editor be asking him why he felt compelled to not write about actual sporting events instead of his own private life that not many people are interested in?

Maz

Guru
ChrisKH said:
That can't be entirely true. I used to work at a firm where they had an articled clerk (as they were then) who had an Oxbridge first in Law and was drop dead gorgeous. In fact more attractive than Debbie McGee. She was knocking off Paul Daniels before he was famous so he must have had something else. Maybe.
Maybe the size of his wand.

ChrisKH

Guru
I thought Dallaglio was married? Hardly available material. Plus he's bald. And my knee probably isn't as messed as his is. Plus I always used to run straight when I took the ball out of the scrum.

I'm feeling better already.:ohmy:

Tetedelacourse

Paulus said:
If this Syed person is a sports writer, and the only tenuous link to sports is the fact the a well known rugby walked in and took the attention of the women he was taling to, shouldn't his editor be asking him why he felt compelled to not write about actual sporting events instead of his own private life that not many people are interested in?

As long as Pat et al keep buying, reading and discussing, I'm sure his ed will be happy!

ChrisKH said:
That can't be entirely true. I used to work at a firm where they had an articled clerk (as they were then) who had an Oxbridge first in Law and was drop dead gorgeous. In fact more attractive than Debbie McGee. She was knocking off Paul Daniels before he was famous so he must have had something else. Maybe.

Am I missing something in "the lovely" Debbie McGee???

On the same sort of thing I used to quite fancy Jane Torvill but what a dog she has turned out to be.

Back track - Rugby is attractive to girls, however Cycling is not. Rightly or wrongly cycling is associated with people who cannot drive a car, old men and looking a bit of a dickhead in silly gear. It will not pull girls!

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Paulus said:

The article was in the magazine section and would have been commissioned by the features editor. Syed has stood as a Labour candidate for Parliament, so I'm expecting a government initiative soon, guaranteeing an allocation of women to those blokes without the physique of a second row forward.

Carwash

Señor Member
Gender reversal: Are men only interested in curvaceous babes?

Would it make a difference in this debate if the reporter had been female, and the man she'd been chatting to had been suddenly distracted by the entrance of $gorgeous_sportswoman ?

barq

Patrick Stevens said:
Ladies, is this true, is the fashion now for muscular hunks?

The imagery goes back to ancient Greece but I think we are now exposed to lots of pictures of muscular/athletic men with very low body fat. I can't back this up, but my feeling is that there are now more male bodies on show in your average weekend newspaper/magazine than ten years ago. The irony of course is that the average man is probably further from this ideal than at any other point in history. :ohmy:

I used to have this lovely theory that physical attractiveness was inversely proportional to intelligence/sense of humour (so things were kind of fair). Unfortunately my witty, charming, intelligent, well-paid, ex-Hugo Boss male model friend has proved this theory wrong. :ohmy:

ChrisKH

Guru
Carwash said:
Gender reversal: Are men only interested in curvaceous babes?

Would it make a difference in this debate if the reporter had been female, and the man she'd been chatting to had been suddenly distracted by the entrance of $gorgeous_sportswoman ?

I think men may be attracted to a sportswoman for other reasons. If Paula Radcliffe walked in the room I would be attracted more so for her achievements than her body or looks.

Top Bottom