Are you a lark or owl?

• Lark

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Owl

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Somewhere inbetween

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
There was a saying back in the day: "Don't hoot with the owls if you can't soar with the eagles in the morning."
Alcohol was part of this advice's frame of reference, book-ended by morning physical activity.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would have put "night owl", but for many years:

FE01147-Exhausted-Pigeon-Quote-10x10-550x550w.jpg.webp

SWMBO is very much an early bird; bed by 8pm usually, up at 6pm.

i hear you !
early shift im in bed at 8 .30 , on lates its about 1 .30 am so my body clock is permanently farked

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Definitely an owl, or a late bird as some would call it. Last 'night' i went to bed at 6am. The night before it was 6.45am. I'm always up early though, usually rising about 1pm.:whistle:

I mentioned to a friend the other week about us having a mild winter, with hardly any frosty mornings. "We've had quite a few, you just didn't see them" she replied.:whistle:

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I would say lark. I am always up and about early, 6 or 6:30 would be my usual time.

I do not seem to need as much sleep as most people though. I often stay up late after midnight but I will only usually be reading or something relaxing. If I have anything active to do it would be done in the morning as a general rule.

Julia9054

Guru
Neither. Used to be an owl but now love an early night and a long lie in.
Basically, just love me bed!

Alex321

Veteran
Always been both. Rarely in bed before 1AM, quite often later, up by 7:15 workdays when working from home, 6:15 when in the office, about 8:30 at weekends.

Slick

Guru
Definitely a lark, much to my own disappointment as I've definitely turned into my old man. I really could head to my nest much after 9pm, but hang it out to 11 or so to keep Mrs Slick happy but no matter what time I'm in bed, I'm awake for between 4 and 4.30 am and can never get back to sleep. Even the cat checks her wee cat watch and goes back to sleep when I get up.

Top Bottom