Are you a lone rider or group cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Afas clubs are concerned, when getting back on the bike, all I saw were annoying, arrogant tosspots in club colours - disclaimer, I know it could be a minority- which put me off, especially Dynamos and Kingston Wheelers.
:rolleyes: Well, you're not going to notice all the relaxed clubs that don't ride in club colours or have strange ettiquettes. The main sign that we exist tends to be stickers on the stem or mudguard.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabnZ9-ex7o

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This place doesn't stop me cutting a ride short if my mojo has gone, make me turn up at a particular place at 9am on Sunday to start a ride, or prevent me checking out an interesting looking alternative route mid ride.
10am and sometimes Saturday but no-one's going to make you turn up if you don't feel like it. You can also cut a ride short (I often do, rather than "enjoy" the A10 home from the town centre yet again) or check out an alternative or stop to take photos or visit a half-hidden church or.... although it's nice to let the guide or tail-ender know whether or not we should expect see you again, so we don't send out search parties with first-aid and toolkits :smile:

Hop on a train up to King's Lynn (or sometimes Downham Market) and join a KLWNBUG or Pedal+Chat ride. Various evening start times, or Saturday or Sunday 10am starts, although Sod's Law means the next two KLWNBUG rides are oddities which don't fit that pattern of course. But anyway - there are 10mph rides around if you want them.

Ooo, thanks for the heads up. Might think about that. :okay:

Reactions: mjr

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I first went over from mountain biking to the road I was a solo rider but I was fortunate in meeting a chap my age and only slightly faster who has turned out to be a valued cycling buddy over the last six years. Then my teenage son joined us then another chap and now a neighbour so now we have a group of five and plenty of craic, which I happen to think is very healthy for my son.

Top Bottom