Are you a lone rider or group cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Out yesterday i stopped to let a leading car followed by loads of riders, some said join in !! (said in fun) I prefer to cycle alone, that way i can take unkown roads and explore, whats the fun in following a crowd? Besides I'm slow and take plenty of sight seeing stops.
hats your prefence?

rugby bloke

Veteran
I tend to ride alone, just because I need to fit my rides around other commitments so tend tend not to be very flexible. Having said that, I enjoy riding as a group, so occasionally will go out with a couple of mates or take part in a Sportive. I am with you with the slow riding - on my own I'm not embarrassed about slowing anyone else down.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Always go on my own because A) i am billy no mates :laugh: B) i like my own company C) no one else around here cycles accept club riders and i would never be able to keep up D) i am slower than the slowest thing around and i also like to stop a lot and take photos.

I have never ridden with a group of people. I have always gone on my own.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I prefer to cycle alone, that way i can take unkown roads and explore, whats the fun in following a crowd?

Sometimes a group can take you on roads and through villages that you never knew existed... even in your own home area. A sort of collective geographical intelligence if you like. So it's not all bad.

I do both, I like a pootle on my own sometimes when I don't want to follow, but I like a group ride too when I'm not sure where I'd like to go.

The pub stops are often better in a group too. I now know some wonderful back road country pubs that I'd never have found were it not for the group rides I've done.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mainly lone. Its me time.

There should be a polll at the top.

vickster

Legendary Member
Alone or with one or two buddies, no desire to ride with a group/club. Done the occasional sky ride / led ride in the past, for me tedious

I ride solo the vast majority of the time, like it that way. I used to do club rides regularly, which does boost your fitness amazingly because you get competitive, but the club got too snobby for me and I said my goodbyes.

Occasionally do an evening ride after work with a mate of mine who I work with, but apart from that I`m billy no mates:smile::bicycle:

I like solo rides
I like riding with a small group of three or four others
I like riding in a large (club) group
I don't like riding in mass participation events

Done a few in my time, I enjoy them for the atmosphere of it all. Don`t do them now, I refuse to pay to ride on roads that I can use whenever I like - for FREE!!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Both. I cycle on my own when I need to clear my head or unwind and cycle with my club for the fun and the social. There are huge benefits to cycling with a club and they don't all race around at 30 mph. I will also sometimes go with just one or two mates which is also fun.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom