Naked Welsh Cyclist arrested

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran

Please send wine gums - llandidno police cells....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wasn't me, I was at the front on my bike when it happened, didn't see it but Ruthin CC comented on it.

Alex321

Veteran
FFS - he was only going for a ride nothing more nothing less.

Under Section 66 of Sexual Offences Act 2003, it’s not an offence to be naked in public in England and Wales.

However, an individual could be arrested if it can be proven they stripped off with the intent to shock or cause upset.

https://library.college.police.uk/docs/nudity.pdf

This is why he was released without charge. He really shouldn't have been arrested. BTW, the words in the actual legislation are "Alarm or distress", rather than "shock or upset". And the courts have decided that means more than just causing offence.

There are circumstances where you can be done for breach of the peace even when bthe requirements for the above offence are not made out, but this wasn't one of them.

Jameshow

Veteran
This is why he was released without charge. He really shouldn't have been arrested. BTW, the words in the actual legislation are "Alarm or distress", rather than "shock or upset". And the courts have decided that means more than just causing offence.

There are circumstances where you can be done for breach of the peace even when bthe requirements for the above offence are not made out, but this wasn't one of them.

Two old ladies were alarmed.

One had heart attack which the other has a stroke.......!🤣

Top Bottom