Are you a lone rider or group cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I find you are a lot less more vunerable in a group. Drivers are more careful around 20 cyclists as opposed to 1, as most aggressive cyclist hating motorists would rather not take on lots of cyclists.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Solo for so I can go at the pace I want to and stop when ever I see an ideal picture opportunity.

IMG_20170528_054848715.jpg

Like the one above ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

I find you are a lot less more vunerable in a group. Drivers are more careful around 20 cyclists as opposed to 1, as most aggressive cyclist hating motorists would rather not take on lots of cyclists.

I've never found it made any difference, I've rarely seen drivers taking more care around a group.

I've never found it made any difference, I've rarely seen drivers taking more care around a group.
My feeling in large groups, say at traffic lights in central London, is not that they take more care but simply that you're more likely to be noticed. Now, whether they then take more or less care once you've been noticed is another matter!

D

Deleted member 1258

My feeling in large groups, say at traffic lights in central London, is not that they take more care but simply that you're more likely to be noticed. Now, whether they then take more or less care once you've been noticed is another matter!

I've no experience of london, but in warwickshire's leafy lanes most are fine, but there is a minority that are likely to do something silly and are as likely with a group as with a lone rider.

Almost always solo riding for me, which is my preference. I can either do an extra hour or two (:whistle:) at the 'end' of a day's riding, or spend an extra hour or two (:thumbsup:) fitting in a few more cake stops.

A lot of my old cricket mates back home have taken up cycling and if I was still in Essex I'd have loved to have gone out with them whenever it would have been possible.

But solo riding here works fine.

Top Bottom