Are you a lone rider or group cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k_green

A bit of both. Group riding gets my out and pushing my boundaries regularly but I love cycling alone too, it keeps me sane!

Tilley

Über Member
I ride solo most of the time, as a recumbent trike doesn't easily allow you to fit in with a group of uprights due to width, height difference, and generally slower pace. However I have participated in sportive and audax events and had a good ride.

Blue

Legendary Member
I always ride alone. Even in the years that I competed I only did TT's.

Davos87

Guru
A lone rider for the most part. Used to go out regularly with a colleague which I enjoyed especially stopping off for a couple of beers at some nice country pubs but he's still a wage slave while I luckily retired.
The majority of my rides take place during the day and usual working hours. I do come across other cyclists and often have the chance to chat when I stop for a breather at strategically placed benches on some of my rides. I can cane it a bit if I want to but like to take it relatively easy most of the time and enjoy my surrounding by stopping now and then to take a picture or two. I think it does add to the sense of enjoyment when you are fortunate enough to be pootling along country lanes in the knowledge that others are at work knocking their pipes out. ^_^

tobykenobi

Über Member
Ride solo for most of the reasons given here: have to fit it around family commitments, I am pretty slow compared to most groups I see on the roads; find the idea of joining a club a bit daunting. When I've done organised rides I have enjoyed the being with loads of others on the roads but, as I am on my own, have no obligation to try to keep up or wait for others.

That said. my wife got back in the saddle for the first time in ages at the weekend and it was good to ride with her. Yes, I was faster because she's out of practice but I didn't mind.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm a lone rider these days, I've lost too much pace and can't keep up with most group rides now.

Top Bottom