Are you an impulse buyer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
On the way back from seeing my daughter this afternoon, I stopped at the Citroen dealership just to have a look as I like the new Cactus. There was a red one there reduced to £16000 from £18000 as they want it sold by the end of the month because it has only a 5 gear gearbox.
Now guess what? I sat down with the salesman to work out some figures and.........

..... walked out, no sale. Reason prevailed. I love my present car, a Renault Captur, am very happy with it and decided to keep it a bit longer although it will be 4 years old in March.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Very much so

screenman

Legendary Member
On our way up north from London in 1988 we stopped in Lincoln for lunch, 3 hours later we bought a house. I am an ex car dealer, in that business if you are not impulsive you will not make a living.

pawl

Legendary Member
On the way back from seeing my daughter this afternoon, I stopped at the Citroen dealership just to have a look as I like the new Cactus. There was a red one there reduced to £16000 from £18000 as they want it sold by the end of the month because it has only a 5 gear gearbox.
Now guess what? I sat down with the salesman to work out some figures and.........

Good choice i to looked at the Cactus befor buying myCaptur.Didnt like those door mats stuck on the out side of the doors .Look blooming ridiculous.

..... walked out, no sale. Reason prevailed. I love my present car, a Renault Captur, am very happy with it and decided to keep it a bit longer although it will be 4 years old in March.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
On things like cars, definitely not. I research big purchases thoroughly, making sure it does what I need it to do and at a price that's as low as I can get it.

keithmac

Guru
I'm impulsive buyer, bought a new car and caravan a few years back within a few days of coming back from our holidays!.

Way I see it is you can't take it with you, 3 people who I know well (work related) haven't made it past mid 50's so make the most of it while you can imho!.

Slick

Guru

Not as a rule but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.

On an expedition to get Mrs Slick a new bike, I passed a shiny new vehicle and it caught my eye on the return leg so went for a closer look and bought it. :thumbsup:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No impulsive buying here. I tend to get most things off 'fleabay' now. I add to my basket,then add more,then decide for sometimes weeks if i really want it,do i need it etc. Then most things get removed,leaving me buying just a couple of my original intended buys. For example,i finally bought something last night that had been in my basket,being thought over since before Christmas.

Top Bottom