Are you an impulse buyer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I am an impulse buyer, within limits. Went for an hour on the range on Thursday, came home with a new rifle...

My worst is when I went to buy a top box for my KMX200, and returned home with a GSXR1100...
GSXR 1100:notworthy: They were the bad boys back in the day.

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends how much I need something I guess

Bike purchases for example, not if over a grand, more so if under historically

Stuff / works in house, I’m a big procrastinator because it doesn’t really excite me

Holidays, lots of research, then book elements over a period of time

Cars, used to change often (at least once a year, second hand but still an expensive hobby). I got horribly stung when buying in a hurry after car was stolen. Had the same car now for over 5 years, was the most spent on a car, no plans to change (and I no longer browse car ads)

Drago

Legendary Member
GSXR 1100:notworthy: They were the bad boys back in the day.

It was mental beyond belief. I came out of the showroom, onto the dual carriageway, nailed it...and the next thing I knew the World had gone I to rewind and it was banging off the rev limiter at over 90MPH in first gear.

I was a stupid young squaddie and flew about the place like an utter idiot. When I came back from a tour in Cyprus I had a near miss and scared myself but still couldn't resist. In the end I had to sell it because absolute power corrupts absolutely and I knew I would be dead before long. I traded it in against a new Kwak GT550, which felt very turgid but would still monster any car. That stayed with me for about 8 years and did me very proud. It calmed me down and taught me the virtues of comfort and a steady cruising pace.

Skoal-GSXR-100-600x399.jpg
1986-kawasaki-gt-550-29-965-miles-very-original-3-owners-classic-k-z-550.jpeg

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
The last car took me 2 minutes to decide on all £12,000 worth, if I had taken any longer somebody else may have had it.

screenman

Legendary Member
It was mental beyond belief. I came out of the showroom, onto the dual carriageway, nailed it...and the next thing I knew the World had gone I to rewind and it was banging off the rev limiter at over 90MPH in first gear.

I was a stupid young squaddie and flew about the place like an utter idiot. When I came back from a tour in Cyprus I had a near miss and scared myself but still couldn't resist. In the end I had to sell it because absolute power corrupts absolutely and I knew I would be dead before long. I traded it in against a new Kwak GT550, which felt very turgid but would still monster any car. That stayed with me for about 8 years and did me very proud. It calmed me down and taught me the virtues of comfort and a steady cruising pace.

That is why I stuck with the little R850R, steady cruise but not mental.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am an impulse buyer, within limits. Went for an hour on the range on Thursday, came home with a new rifle....
I don't know if it's sensible to joke online about buying a rifle these days Drago.:secret: You are joking aren't you?:unsure:

Slick

Guru

View attachment 449173
Some machine, and those bandit colours were as cool as. I had the same colours but it was an RG500 Gamma. Couldn't hit 90 in first but was clocked at 154 mph on a runway which was fast enough for me.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was scouring the reduced for quick clearance shelf at Lidl the other day and came away with a Mediterranean Sundried Tomato Nut Roast. Apparently this is a deliciously wholesome veggie loaf mix with sundried tomato cashews & herbs.
Not quite as reckless as buying a car, but quite daring for me!
I've just been out for a Chinese takeaway and on the way back I thought to myself 'sod it, I'll buy some ice cream'. It was half price and all.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Almost everything I've ever bought has been either motivated by either need or impulse at some stage. Even if I've done the research there's always a buy or not buy moment with me before closing the deal, shaking hands or clicking the money away.

Top Bottom