Are you going vegan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I can't see myself ever going totally meat free but after having watched the game changer on Netflix I've come to the conclusion that the days of eating meat are coming to an end for lots of different reasons. Not just my personal health but that of the planet.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Have you noticed how veganism is being pushed via media? On telly, it is mentioned very often. Is society trying to subtly brainwash us into going vegan? Wasting their time with me I must say, I do enjoy a nice steak or chicken and will continue to do so. All in moderation of course.
Bingo!
What’s wrong with trying something different? What are you afraid of? You might learn something....
Annanotherthing. You watching the fires in Australia? The heatwave in the Outer Hebs, the record winter temp in Norway? The meat and livestock industry is a major contributor to climate change. Furthermore the meat industry is responsible for deforestation and excessive, pollution. Globally, too much land usage is used to grow crops to feed cattle for too few people to consume. Finally, as if that wasn’t enough, much of the poor health of the affluent west is due to excessive meat consumption.

But hey, it’s all a vegan conspiracy that’s trying to ruin your life;-)
In November, somebody might try to ruin your life by suggesting you might try stopping shaving for a month.

PK99

Legendary Member
Bingo!
What’s wrong with trying something different? What are you afraid of? You might learn something....
Annanotherthing. You watching the fires in Australia? The heatwave in the Outer Hebs, the record winter temp in Norway? The meat and livestock industry is a major contributor to climate change. Furthermore the meat industry is responsible for deforestation and excessive, pollution. Globally, too much land usage is used to grow crops to feed cattle for too few people to consume. Finally, as if that wasn’t enough, much of the poor health of the affluent west is due to excessive meat consumption.

But hey, it’s all a vegan conspiracy that’s trying to ruin your life;-)
In November, somebody might try to ruin your life by suggesting you might try stopping shaving for a month.

Vegetarian seems to me a reasonable choice.

Vegan seems obsessive and cultish.

Vegetarian seems to me a reasonable choice.

Vegan seems obsessive and cultish.
Vegetarian was seen as obsessive and cultish when I gave up meat C.1983. Now it's mainstream. Times change innit.

albal

Guru
No but did drastically cut down meat from Jan 2019. The odd chicken. No red meat. My new favorite is garlic pasta. What a joy!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Have you noticed how veganism is being pushed via media? On telly, it is mentioned very often. Is society trying to subtly brainwash us into going vegan? Wasting their time with me I must say, I do enjoy a nice steak or chicken and will continue to do so. All in moderation of course.

If you don't fancy 'Veganuary.

Try 'Regenuary'...

Try to source your meat, milk, cheese, and eggs from sources that farm sustainably, that regenerate earth fertility, and build soil for the future.

Pasture fed meats for example.

Cut out the factory farmed stuff.. Terrible for animals, and the environment with all that shipped soya, and slurry effluent.

Well grazed, and cared for pasture, can actually sequester carbon by encouraging deeper rooted grasses.

Natural grassland habitats are supposed to have large herbivores grazing.. That's a natural ecosystem situation.

Eat less animal products, but pay a bit more, and source them well.

Become a sustainable locavore.
Eat what grows in your area.

Eat seasonally, eat from your region..
Eat well. Eat deliciously.

Hint _ that's not avocado's and almonds in the UK.

Top Bottom