Are you in a cycling club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

I am,but I don't go out with them much. The touring section is competitive - full of men who want to prove just how many miles they can do in a day and how fast. They are a bit dour for my liking.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I am the President of Velo Club Bangkok. It is an exclusive club with very selective membership criteria. Membership is now closed and we have one member. Rides - vary from easy to hard at the discretion of the President. No day membership allowed. Cafe stops - where the President decides to stop.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
yes.

it's only a tenner a year (although you need 3rd party/personal liability insurance, which most people have under their home insurance policy anyway) and means i can always go for a group ride at any weekend. my cycling ability and fitness levels have improved massively since i joined.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I belong to two, London St.Christophers and the CTC. The first one is probably going to fold after being around since 1938. A few of us will try to resurect the club once it has gone through the formal process of closing. That may sound a bit strange, but the people who run the club can't really be bothered to keep it going in it's present form.

walker

080216-125312-200-1879.jpg

me? club rider? no ;)

pzycoman

Yes - the De Ver Cycles team (in / around london) - most relaxed club I know of - to be a member, you have to buy a team top! (Or get a free one with a new bike) - can be as active or lazy (me!) as you like. Top bunch of guys.

Maz

Guru
Cycling club? I thought you needed a drop bar rd bike and wear all the sponsored lycra jerseys etc to join. I don't have any of that.

walker

Maz said:
Cycling club? I thought you needed a drop bar rd bike and wear all the sponsored lycra jerseys etc to join. I don't have any of that.

nope, you can turn up with any bike you like with any kit you like, all club's should accomodate for all types of riders. Your getting pro mixed up with amatuer

Top Bottom