Are you loyal to a particular cycle brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I normally buy what I feel is best for the price I can afford. For some items of cycling hardware I will buy from a particular brand. For pedals I normally buy crankbrothers. For saddles i'm trying to get a specialized toupe for all my bikes. For clothing I must say that I am been pushed towards Gore with a bit of Pearl Izzumi.

So do you get your bike, equipment and clothing from the same company? I know someone has because ive seen you when I've been out riding. :blush:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
got some companies that i really like to use.
Endura for clothes, spesh for shoes, Park for tools, Crank Bros for pedals.
and without trying to provoke this, shimano for parts.

Its strange, but certain companies will never get my business again, due to shonky parts and service.

The companies that give reliable good service are worth sticking by imo

Keith Oates

Janner
Although I do have some different makes or brands my favorites are Shimano for gears, pedals, etc. Castelli for shorts and tops, Colnago is my No.1 bike but I find the Giant range also very good. Shimano or Sidi for shoes. FSA for handlebars and stems.

SamNichols

Shimano is far easier to get hold of on a day to day basis, so I tend to stay with them. Only Giant bikes so far (more because of budget than anything else - i'd love a wilier or a van nicholas), specialized accessories as they tend to be a bit cheaper. Clothing is mixed.

Blue

Legendary Member
Until last month all my clothing was De Marchi, which I rated as quite good gear. However, I then treated myself to Assos bibs and top and have been persuaded that the cost is worth it.

for MTBs it's Orange.

for road bikes it's probably Pegoretti now, although i doubt i'll afford another one, but the one i have is the perfect bike.

for clothing... Prendas do good stuff, as do Groundeffect. i love Buffs. i buy jerseys on how much i like the design/colour, but i do have a soft spot for Euskadi and Italia ones.

Defeet socks are good, as are Prendas ones.

other than that... Oakley glasses.

L

SamNichols

Mmm yes, I have a pair of oakleys, which I would recommend to anyone, I've had them for 8 years and they still look and feel good. If you have a bit of money in your pocket, then you can't go wrong by investing in a pair.

I like Trek for bikes, partly because I've got one, partly because the customer service you get if you actually email or ring up Trek is fantastic (even if you just want some advice and have no intention of buying a bike)

Mortiroloboy

I'm not really a brand tart, but certain things will sway my judgement, VFM, spec level, appearance, quality. So if a particular brand has those attributes, then generally I will buy , oh and recommendation is always a good pointer, provided I perceive the recommender to be knowledgeable enough to trust their judgement!

In the past I have had Giant and Specialized bikes, my Allez was lovely, but Once I saw that Wilier Mortirolo, and read the glowing review in the C+ mag, then I knew I had to have one, so far I haven't been disappointed.

Clothing wise I like Santini and Nalini, and Prendas stuff is good quality too. my current shoes are SiDi.

Top Bottom