Are you strong enough for a living funeral?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I own the plot in the local cemetery where mum is buried so will go in there. Just a case of making my will out and stipulating what I want I suppose.
If you don't have a will yet, get one sorted out and include your funeral wishes. If you don't and nobody makes any arrangements, your remains will be classed as an 'unclaimed body' and reported to the Council. The first thing the Council will do is contact relatives and advise them to make arrangements.

If they flatly refuse then the council will do it as a last resort and will claim the costs directly from your estate. If your Council uses burial you will be buried in an unmarked grave (i.e no headstone). The grave will be used for further burials.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My wife left specific instructions for her funeral even down to which version of a hymn was to be sung at the service which was very well done by our local minister who went to great lengths to get her background and consulted various of her friends and colleagues. She even specified that a white rose was to be planted on her grave. This cannot be done as apart from regulations which are widely ignored anything edible is removed by the red deer which infest the area. There was a large turn out not just locally but many people came after quite long journeys which I found somehow comforting.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I quite fancy one of those funerals where they just cremate you at one of their places then send your ashes to your relatives. No funeral, no having the trauma of having to arrange anything. No hearses nothing.

Pure cremation I think it's called. I will be dead and won't care in the slightest what happens.

My relatives will have my ashes and can decided what if anything they want to do with them. If they want to scatter them and clink their glasses to me then that Will do me nicely.

That's what my ma did.. As detailed in a previous post.

Her ashes came here, for random integration into tree plantings.

I could get myself buried on my own land.

It's perfectly legal, a friend did same nearby, in one of his own pasture fields.

You've just got to ennsure you're not going to pollute any watercourses.

Someone has to dig the hole of course, but maybe that could be a reasonable thing to ask of ones children??

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That's what my ma did.. As detailed in a previous post.

Her ashes came here, for random integration into tree plantings.

I could get myself buried on my own land.

It's perfectly legal, a friend did same nearby, in one of his own pasture fields.

You've just got to ennsure you're not going to pollute any watercourses.

Someone has to dig the hole of course, but maybe that could be a reasonable thing to ask of ones children??

We looked into that as well. We can do that here ad we have the land available. Even cheaped:laugh:

12boy

Guru
My wife and I need to get wills, directions on what we would like and who gets what from our stuff all set up. That's what my dad did, since he died long after my mother, and it made everything so much easier. He was an alcoholic and his favorite tipple was dry gin martinis, so the only thing I had to do was have a gallon or so chilled and ready as we gathered at the mausoleum for last words and a martini in his honor. That was the only drink I've had in the last 20 years and I must say I enjoyed it

Top Bottom