Are you strong enough for a living funeral?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Er no.

I'm not on twitter.

Ah ha, I see,

It's just you spoke of avoiding twitter storms as if they personally vexed you..

I do follow the news.

Always have.

Other media report twittter outrage.

Trying to appear switched on I suppose.

My comment was aimed at culturalappropriation.

Seem to remember some designer recently being condemned for crimes against the kimono ffs.

And so backed down.

No wonder i avoid it.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes I believe one of the Kardashian* clan called her new underwear range 'kimono' .

AFAIK, opinion was divided as to how 'appropriate' this was..

I'm not of Japanese heritage, so I don't feel qualified to comment.

*I am a big fan of hers though, as you can probably imagine :rolleyes:

Yes I believe one of the Kardashian* clan called her new underwear range 'kimono' .

AFAIK, opinion was divided as to how 'appropriate' this was..

I'm not of Japanese heritage, so I don't feel qualified to comment.

Well i'm not of Japanese heritage either.

But as a thinking member of the human race feel perfectly entitled to comment on the "outrage".

It's bullshit.

Ffs.

Long may folk adopt what they want.

Makes life interesting.

The alternative is anti historical crap.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well i'm not of Japanese heritage either.

But as a thinking member of the human race feel perfectly entitled to comment on the "outrage".

It's bullshit.

Ffs.

Long may folk adopt what they want.

Makes life interesting.

The alternative is anti historical crap.

And I guess others are equally allowed to express their views on the matter.

And so it goes...

12boy

Guru
I don't think a living funeral appealing, but making sure that the people you care about know how much they mean to you and perhaps why, even, is something I will consider. While I believe actions speak louder than words in terms of expressing care, love and affection words matter too. And I think it would be good to say these things before you can no longer express yourself understandably.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I quite fancy one of those funerals where they just cremate you at one of their places then send your ashes to your relatives. No funeral, no having the trauma of having to arrange anything. No hearses nothing.

Pure cremation I think it's called. I will be dead and won't care in the slightest what happens.

My relatives will have my ashes and can decided what if anything they want to do with them. If they want to scatter them and clink their glasses to me then that Will do me nicely.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Do you get presents, and are you allowed to go to the wake?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If I remain estranged from my brother and his family, as things stand I have no more close relatives to arrange my funeral. I suppose I better plan my own!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I quite fancy one of those funerals where they just cremate you at one of their places then send your ashes to your relatives. No funeral, no having the trauma of having to arrange anything. No hearses nothing.

Pure cremation I think it's called. I will be dead and won't care in the slightest what happens.

My relatives will have my ashes and can decided what if anything they want to do with them. If they want to scatter them and clink their glasses to me then that Will do me nicely.
That's what Mrs D and I are going to do.
I'll put a couple of grand behind the bar so anyone who feels like it can have a drink on me.

Top Bottom