Are you strong enough for a living funeral?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just an excuse for a piss up
Aye, who needs an excuse, :cheers:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Seevio

Guru
After some consideration I have decided that I would rather be dead for some time before being incinerated as opposed to both happening simultaneously.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Be an interesting conversation if you got stopped by the Police while driving to your own funeral...

"'allo sir...."

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Only for the self obsessed.

What a load of hippe rowlocks

You mean like weddings, and suchlike??

Come and celebrate our self satisfaction at how, much we love each other, and how great we are together?

Doesn't seem much different really, it's just this is a newish idea - or rather an adaptation of an old one, so will doubtless attract disapproval from those who can't bear innovation, or anything requiring depth of feeling, or expression of difficult emotion.

I'm not sure I'd do it myself..

Just as I've never been married, for various reasons, but to dismiss the idea out of hand strikes as a bit narrow minded

All these traditions were invented by someone, at some point, to bring meaning to a life event significant to someone.. Why not this??

Imminent death is pretty significant thing to many people.

Just an excuse for a piss up

And wouldn't you rather be there???

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
What about cremation though... they can't just leave you somewhere.

You could leave your body to science- if you offer your body to a university for research then they have to arrange for it to be disposed of at their own cost.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
About 4% of deaths in The Netherlands are euthanasia. A friend's father who was in his eighties and suffering from cancer chose to have a party for his friends and family, and presented himself the next morning to his doctor to be put down.

I'm not sure I would have liked to be a guest at that party.

Slick

Guru
You mean like weddings, and suchlike??

Come and celebrate our self satisfaction at how, much we love each other, and how great we are together?

Doesn't seem much different really, it's just this is a newish idea - or rather an adaptation of an old one, so will doubtless attract disapproval from those who can't bear innovation, or anything requiring depth of feeling, or expression of difficult emotion.

I'm not sure I'd do it myself..

Just as I've never been married, for various reasons, but to dismiss the idea out of hand strikes as a bit narrow minded

All these traditions were invented by someone, at some point, to bring meaning to a life event significant to someone.. Why not this??

Imminent death is pretty significant thing to many people.

And wouldn't you rather be there???
It has been noted many times that you would have more fun at a Glasgow funeral than a Edinburgh wedding but I'm afraid that is where the similarities end.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It has been noted many times that you would have more fun at a Glasgow funeral than a Edinburgh wedding but I'm afraid that is where the similarities end.

To me the whole business of having an open casket at a wake, as some Catholics do, or the people in South East Asia who have their embalmed rellies in the house with them for years, all seems a bit odd to me, as a non religious person.

We all deal with this tricky stuff with odd rituals, and coping strategies, that might seem strange to others..

I've got my mother's ashes here from her private cremation,.no one went to that.. But she paid for a tea party for all her mates at a Hotel for after she was gone.

Her ashes get sprinkled in with newly planted trees, or just generally round about the place, so she can keep an eye on me working, and she gets recycled into strong growing trees. .

She probs also does a lot of tutting when I knock off early, or don't plough quite straight..

Top Bottom