Are you strong enough for a living funeral?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What is going to happen when you pass?
Honest question.

Simple cremation with no guests then our ashes are going off to Scout Scar (near Kendal) where we like to walk and take in the lovely views.

SpokeyDokey

Last time I was up Scafell I met a chap who had gone up to spread his father's ashes. Trouble was the top was packed and it was blowing a gale. He didn't have anything to dig a hole with. I don't know what he did in the end but my sandwiches tasted ok.

Scattering ashes on mountain tops is frowned on now by all accounts - the minerals are changing the summit ecology.

Scattering ashes on mountain tops is frowned on now by all accounts - the minerals are changing the summit ecology.
this sounds somewhat overfussy to me. Or even somewhat mad.
Humans (and other animals, birds etc) have surely been dropping dead on top of mountains for rather a long time before the bicycle came along.

SpokeyDokey

this sounds somewhat overfussy to me. Or even somewhat mad.
Humans (and other animals, birds etc) have surely been dropping dead on top of mountains for rather a long time before the bicycle came along.

Not necessarily agreeing with it but here is one recent (ish) article - a quick Google gives results going back to 2006:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45128363

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think I always assumed that there were always guests at cremations. So I have learned something. Thanks.

My ma had a private no-guests cremation.

Now her ashes are round about the farm here

Generally a teaspoon or so goes in with a new tree planting.

Kinda feels like keeping her involved :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I discussed having a Tibetan sky burial with my youngest.

https://www.tibettravel.org/tibetan-local-customs/tibetan-funeral.html

She’s not overly squeamish but I think lugging me up a hill put her off a bit.

I'm thinking more along the lines of taking myself off somewhere remote for one last mountain sunset, then perhaps having a dram too many, before being recycled by the local raptors..

Hmmn, probs not very practical..

And knowing my luck it would probably drizzle, instead.

Ah well, probs best not to dwell on the means or method of the end, better to concentrate on living well enough, in the meantime..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
And maybe she'd be worried about the self righteous Twitter storm about that invented crime culturalappropriation that would await her when she descended. With you well out of it (unless there's twitter in hell(

Are you contractually required to engage with twitter @Blue Hills??

I'd give it up if I were you, if it bothers you that much :rolleyes:

Top Bottom