Argos value vaccum cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've got an Argos value vacuum cleaner which I bought around 2007. I've just noticed that an orange light comes on when I use it. (It could have been happening for years and I might have only just noticed it)

Does anybody know what it might mean? I lost the manual years ago.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Welcome to vacuum chat!

Probably the power on indicator:okay:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've not had an Argos hoover but I imagine it can only be one of a few things, there's not much to go wrong on a hoover if the motor is still going strong. Could be a full bag / container, rotating brushes inoperative due to clogging, a blockage somewhere in a hose or filters, or the power on indicator.

Is it working well? If so it's probably just the latter.

If not, empty it, disassemble as far as possible by hand and check hoses for obstructions, clean the filters if it has them, and de-hair any rotating brushes.

My hoover has a green light that comes on when the carpet brushes are running, and it goes red when they get clogged and slow down. That's the only light it has.

If its the value vacuum it won't have any funky sensors. Probably just the on light.

Definitely worth a good clean though - any of our vacuums gets hair wrapped round the brush and restricts the efficiency. I have to cut it all off every month or so.

I've got an Argos value vacuum cleaner which I bought around 2007. I've just noticed that an orange light comes on when I use it. (It could have been happening for years and I might have only just noticed it)

UNPLUG IT NOW. You could be Dyson with death. :ohmy:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

DON'T USE IT!!

The orange light signifies that the neutron flux is approaching incipient criticality and the unobtainium core will flash to antimatter if not interrupted.

Top Bottom