Arm or leg warmers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I found my Mum's long sleeve thermal top- so could wear that under my jersey and think it will be fine- but I don't know if I'll get too hot or if that's not warm enough.
Only you'll know! Do you have a gilet?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ignore all the nonsense about covering your knees at certain temperatures. That’s just the posters preference, it’s not backed up by any scientific evidence at all. You will know when you want your legs covered up, it varies a lot between people.
Just as well I don’t take your advice :whistle: . Trust me as someone with OA in the knee , covering up from the chill is the best thing !

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just as well I don’t take your advice :whistle: . Trust me as someone with OA in the knee , covering up from the chill is the best thing !

Well as I said you need to cover your legs when it fits your needs. But it doesn’t change the fact there’s no evidence that riding with exposed knees in temps below 13,20c etc causes arthritis. It’s a bit like the old wives tale that riding in cold weather gives you a cold.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Browsing around I'm struck by the clothing threads. Good idea to ask what's available etc. But the "which will keep me warmest?" I don't get that. I know I lose heat through my bald head -cap, arms feel the chill - long sleeves or armwarmers, cold, wet feet and I'm bloody miserable - winter boots.

The best way to determine what to wear on any particular day is simple. Know your own body, check the forecast, open the door.

My rule of thumb is to dress for the current conditions when I leave home. If the forecast is good make sure I'm layered if it's an early cool start.

I use temperature as a guide by checking my thermometer. Then ask myself the question "Last time it was 7⁰C at 8.00 with a decent forecast was I comfortable for ME?"

Reactions: C R

WindsorVintage70s

I use light, mid, and heavy weight warmers by Assos, Rapha and Eliel. Assos is great for mid to cold. Rapha's merino wool are great underlayer for super cold. And, Eliel has some great heavyweight ones that wear almost like a thick, tight, sweater for your arms.

I use knee warmers for moderately cold days. And, leg warmers for cold days. If i had to pick one, it'd be knee warmers. But, clearly you need leg warmers.

Top Bottom