Arms and Upper body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just remembered that I have been having problems with a stiff neck. It has got so bad that I am struggling to look over my right shoulder, which isn't great when cycling and turning right in traffic!

I've just been looking up neck exercises and trying a few of them. I'll give these a go for the rest of the year and see how much difference they make.

Julia9054

Guru
I find lifting the bike over Sustrans barriers keeps the arms toned. That is why the barriers are there, is it not?
Actually, I live up a set of 15 concrete steps so I have to lift my bike up those every day so that is my upper body work out! Maybe I don't need kettle bells after all!

CXRAndy

Guru
December will be my starting month for weights again. I have some dumb-bells and bar bell weights. I also have a squat cage, so I can do exercises solely and not worry about getting trapped.

Drago

Legendary Member
Definitely. Bonsai gardeners are particularly adept at unwrapping gels. And their gear changing coordination is a skill to behold.

...and they're so smartly turned out!

OP
OP
U

User76022

I can highly recommend gardening.

I like about 10% of gardening. I like the big bits. I like digging, I like pruning my trees, building stuff, that kind of thing. That would be great for the muscles except that once done, it doesn't need doing again for quite a long time. The fiddly aspect of gardening, like weeding or deadheading flowers or anything like that doesn't float my boat I'm afraid.

What I've started doing in the last few days is, with no routine in mind, and when there's nothing else I'd rather be doing, I get the sledgehammer out and do slow exercises with it until my wrists and arms are burning. I'm aware of the risks of repetitive strain injury and such, so I think I'm being safe. We'll see how it goes.

screenman

Legendary Member
Falling off a cliff? Kissing a cobra? Running across a busy motorway while wearing a blindfold? :whistle:

I could do those today but I would rather put them off to a very distant tomorrow! :laugh:

I think the saying is for things you are going to do.

CXRAndy

Guru
Never put off till tomorrow that which you can do today.

I would agree, but I got out of the habit in the summer. Im away cycling in Tenerife next week so dont want to suffer 'doms' or risk minor pull just before a paid trip.

December will be fine, with a 8-12 week weight training session to build strength and muscle

Top Bottom