Arms and Upper body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to like the old 50m pool, but I suppose a £2,000 a day loss couldn't go on forever...

Blimey, the Telegraph website is an example of advertising and tracking gone mad - It took my laptop nearly a minute to process all the links and start playing that video!

that's a shame - my daughters used it for long course training as we don't have a 50m pool in MK.

I can understand why they are going to knock it down if it is losing that amount of money - but i'm sure the council can console themselves once there will be a lovely sparkly new shopping centre there soon :thumbsdown:

ColinJ

that's a shame - my daughters used it for long course training as we don't have a 50m pool in MK.

I can understand why they are going to knock it down if it is losing that amount of money - but i'm sure the council can console themselves once there will be a lovely sparkly new shopping centre there soon :thumbsdown:
I think it is going to become more student accommodation?

D

Deleted member 1258

I think it is going to become more student accommodation?

The building is grade two listed. No word yet on its future.

ColinJ

The building is grade two listed. No word yet on its future.
Is that because of the 'elephant' part? I think that was added later. I don't remember it being there when I used to go swimming in the building's early days.

Oh, I just did a search and it is the original building that is listed - how strange...

Some talk of making it a concert venue etc. TBH that Telegraph website is so clunky that I don't want to search there any more!

D

Deleted member 1258

Is that because of the 'elephant' part? I think that was added later. I don't remember it being there when I used to go swimming in the building's early days.

Oh, I just did a search and it is the original building that is listed - how strange...

Some talk of making it a concert venue etc. TBH that Telegraph website is so clunky that I don't want to search there any more!

I came to Coventry 1973 and I remember the elephant being built so its later. Yes, that Telegraph website aint great.

OP
OP
U

User76022

That's the way to go, but ideally at three times that age!
Everyone seems to think that it's best to die doing what you love.

I disagree. I can't imagine anything more annoying. Imagine being half way through a nice curry that you're thoroughly enjoying. There's loads left. And boom, your gone. Or hurtling along down some trail, eyes streaming from the wind in your face, everything functioning perfect, still a mile or so of fast freewheeling to go and boom. Gone. Wouldn't it be better to die during the bad bits? Like when you've finished your lovely curry and now they want you to pay the bill, or when you've got to the bottom of the trail and now you have a 10 mile drag to get home.

Drago

Legendary Member
Everyone seems to think that it's best to die doing what you love.

I disagree. I can't imagine anything more annoying. Imagine being half way through a nice curry that you're thoroughly enjoying. There's loads left. And boom, your gone. Or hurtling along down some trail, eyes streaming from the wind in your face, everything functioning perfect, still a mile or so of fast freewheeling to go and boom. Gone. Wouldn't it be better to die during the bad bits? Like when you've finished your lovely curry and now they want you to pay the bill, or when you've got to the bottom of the trail and now you have a 10 mile drag to get home.

@User76022 You are the winner of today's coveted "Post of the Day" award. Well done, Sir.

41N+2mPO+ZL.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I used to go climbing I had strong arms, shoulders and back but in the last 30 years cycling has taken over and my legs seeom to have robbed my upper body of muscle. Like ColinJ I used to do labouring jobs, filling 20' containers with 25 kg bags of enamel, stacking pallets, filling a warehouse with bales of rock wool, even mixing and barrowing ten tons of concrete in a day for a pal who built his own house. Couldn't do any of that nowadays, once the collar bone is mended I will need to do some upper body work though to get my strength back.

Top Bottom