Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
Blimey, with the end in sight it seems you are turning the canons on me :smile:

Not stupid, but something needs to fill the void.

Chill a bit and try lightening up, else you will come across as an Über member indeed ;)

But for some reason, I don't know why, a feeling, a hunch this is playing in to armstrong hands, it's like do your worse and we'll chip away until we're happy with the out come, There's no way armstrong is going to lie down and eccept this, powerful, egotistical maniacs don't lie down and go away...
In this case, they do. It's called damage limitation.

Blue

Legendary Member
I recall reading a book called 'The Lance Armstrong Performance Program'. Scattered throughout, after descriptions of training methods, were little paragraphs entitled "What would Lance do?". If he is found guilty that book would need an interesting rewrite!!

johnnyh

Veteran
Might it not elivate his status as a personality and aid him in self promotion in future business?

Ultimately he could add to his wealth from all of this, no such thing as bad publicity as they say.

If he is as you say he is, ,and personally I have never met the man to pass comment, then he will turn this into a platform for his own ends and thank you all for it.

Just my thoughts :smile:

Blimey, with the end in sight it seems you are turning the canons on me :smile:
These are the Boys. They'd like a quiet word with you about your spelling.....:ninja:
225px-Sint-Salvatorskapittel_Bruges_Precious_Blood_2008.JPG

Not stupid, but something needs to fill the void.
Look, this is going down in history as one of the Big Moments in cycling. Up there with Festina, Puerto etc. If you think this is just about some people who don't like one bloke because he's a bit squinty and arrogant then you need to do a lot of reading and research. Cycling as a sport has been on it's knees for decades, largely thanks to the likes of Armstrong, Bruyneel, Ferrari, Verbruggen & co. Rather than asking who the haters are going to hate on next, why don't you look a bit deeper and ask *why* fans of the sport feel this passionately about cheats, liars and dopers.

400bhp

Guru
Ha ha! I too remember thinking that Ullrich must be a potential winner some year soon. Awesome rider..... But a doper just like Lance.

Looking back now, it's easy to forget that after 2 TdF wins, people were wondering who would win next.

In those days, five wins was an extraordinary total and six were unimaginable. Nobody spoke of seven.

Lance doped. Many of his contemporaries doped. I hate to say it, but he is one of the key reasons that the TdF enjoys its current high profile.

Dirty, filthy, seedy TdF.

Wonderful, epic, heroic, bloody, draining TdF.

The world is more fun with a TdF. Cycling is more fun with a TdF. We all knew there was widespread doping.

Sorry, but outside of the US, that's bollox.

MichaelM

Guru
Ha ha! I too remember thinking that Ullrich must be a potential winner some year soon. Awesome rider..... But a doper just like Lance.

U IZ JUST A HATER.

Ullrich never tested positive and his record stands proud between 1999 and 2005.

johnnyh

Veteran
Chuffy old bean, forgive my iPad posting and auto text, very poor of me, and I shall provide tea and cake when the lads knock on the door ;)

Also note I am not ignorant of the impact of this case on a sport that has been plagued with drug cheats since before my time, I am against cheats in all forms and would applaud all sportsmen who have admitted to it or been caught doing it having their titles stripped and being thrown out of the record books. That includes the likes of Merckx and co.

I just think some folk need to chill a bit and lower their stress levels.

I am sure Mr Armstrong will dine out on this for many years to come.

Chuffy old bean, forgive my iPad posting and auto text, very poor of me, and I shall provide tea and cake when the lads knock on the door ;)

Also note I am not ignorant of the impact of this case on a sport that has been plagued with drug cheats since before my time, I am against cheats in all forms and would applaud all sportsmen who have admitted to it or been caught doing it having their titles stripped and being thrown out of the record books. That includes the likes of Merckx and co.

I just think some folk need to chill a bit and lower their stress levels.

I am sure Mr Armstrong will dine out on this for many years to come.
Buy Crankarm a nice cup of camomile tea, I think he needs it.

I'm perfectly relaxed. This has been a good day to be a cycling fan. A GOOD DAY, Y'HEAR? REALLY FRIKKIN' GREAT!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

just been on an american news site the comments after the story about lance are roughly 95% in favour of Lance he has very cleverly managed in the minds of the many to turn himself into the bullied hero being picked on by the authorities. Everybody needs a hero and many don't want to give up on lance.... yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom