Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I remember Lance as a young rider in some of the early 90s tours, and he was a prick then. Some people said it was refreshing to see a new attitude in the peloton, but the rest of us just saw an arrogant bastard who had no respect for other riders (save for him coming over all emotional about Casartelli and then stealing the headlines)

Armstrong wasn't, and won't be, the only prick or arrogant b*****d in Pro bike racing. Mudslinging isn't helpful to the debate. Are you suggesting all riders in these years who doped were pricks and arrogant b****ds as you put it?

people would say "but he had cancer".
Had cancer, then became cancer. The ne plus ultra of sports cheats.
F*ck him: squatting on his great steroidally enbeefed haunches curling turd after toxicTexan turd down onto our beloved sport for what seemed like forever.

Reactions: BJH

Crankarm

Guru
I was (probably) lucky because I only got into cycling in 2003, so I never went through the process of having to decide how I felt about this new 'hero'. I just thought he came across as a rather unpleasant alpha-male. Nothing I read or saw subsequently changed my mind on that.

You appear to be verging on pathological hatred of the guy. Get a grip.

johnnyh

Veteran
And move onto to whom?

And move onto to whom?
Stupid and reductive question. You might as well say that having arrested Mulcaire we should stop caring about press corruption. Armstrong matters, because he's the poster boy, but this is much, much bigger than just him. McQuaid and Verbruggen have serious questions to answer for a start...

I always knew it was Ullrich (check the records from 1999 -2005).

Ha ha! I too remember thinking that Ullrich must be a potential winner some year soon. Awesome rider..... But a doper just like Lance.

Looking back now, it's easy to forget that after 2 TdF wins, people were wondering who would win next.

In those days, five wins was an extraordinary total and six were unimaginable. Nobody spoke of seven.

Lance doped. Many of his contemporaries doped. I hate to say it, but he is one of the key reasons that the TdF enjoys its current high profile.

Dirty, filthy, seedy TdF.

Wonderful, epic, heroic, bloody, draining TdF.

The world is more fun with a TdF. Cycling is more fun with a TdF. We all knew there was widespread doping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom