Armstrong tattoos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No 1 the lettering is badly spaced, at varying angles and inconsistent, the graduations are blocky and inconsistent.
No2 isn't straight.
No3 has letters which are poorly defined
No 5 the centres of the O R And G don't match.
No7 The base line of the letters varies from letter to letter...

Do I have to go on through the full list?

Would you buy art of this quality/cost to put on your wall at home or would you want it to be better quality /cheaper?

Your original statement was phrased as a generality, as in all tattoo's are poor quality, something inherent to the process and the nature of skin. The examples on that page are there for a reason, because they are lame, either in design or execution. But that is not to say a skilled tattoo artist can not produce amazing work on skin, they can and do, which is contrary to your original comment, i.e. your original comment is, incorrect.

Trail Child

Now they must livestrong, given the cost of removal.

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/10/20-livestrong-tattoo-fails/

ps: this gallery includes a pic of a well known previously 39st cyclist
*shock* One of those tattoos in the gallery belongs to my friend ... *shock*

A lot of those tattoos, I would think, represent an individual's cancer diagnosis or remission. I personally have chosen my scars as my memento.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Your original statement was phrased as a generality, as in all tattoo's are poor quality, something inherent to the process and the nature of skin. The examples on that page are there for a reason, because they are lame, either in design or execution. But that is not to say a skilled tattoo artist can not produce amazing work on skin, they can and do, which is contrary to your original comment, i.e. your original comment is, incorrect.
Can a skilled tattoo artist, create art,on skin, of quality comparable to that you would pay for and display in your home?We both know the answer, the substrate is a poor one to choose, and the technique has poor resolution, definition, clarity, longevity and with a limited palette . Tattooing as "art" is a dancing bear, it's allowed to be poor just because of it's novelty, if it was displayed as "art" anywhere it would be derided.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Can a skilled tattoo artist, create art,on skin, of quality comparable to that you would pay for and display in your home?We both know the answer, the substrate is a poor one to choose, and the technique has poor resolution, definition, clarity, longevity and with a limited palette . Tattooing as "art" is a dancing bear, it's allowed to be poor just because of it's novelty, if it was displayed as "art" anywhere it would be derided.

Okay then............... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom