Armstrong tattoos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Now they must livestrong, given the cost of removal.

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/10/20-livestrong-tattoo-fails/

ps: this gallery includes a pic of a well known previously 39st cyclist

Shaun

Founder
Just out of curiosity - how much does tattoo removal cost - are we talking thousands?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Just out of curiosity - how much does tattoo removal cost - are we talking thousands?
About £250 for a single sitting per sleeve piece. Every tat is different so sittings could be 10+

A small Livestrong piece would be in the region of £40 - £80 a sitting

pauldavid

Veteran
Now they must livestrong, given the cost of removal.

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/10/20-livestrong-tattoo-fails/

ps: this gallery includes a pic of a well known previously 39st cyclist

The person in picture 8 has got away lightly in my opinion, it looks like the tattooist was dyslexic and has written "Love String" by mistake.

And I'm not sure why picture 21 is in there, that's a young Charlie Drake in a miners hat and for the record he never rode the Tour De France although he was a martyr to his nose candy habit!!!

T.M.H.N.E.T

The person in picture 8 has got away lightly in my opinion, it looks like the tattooist was dyslexic and has written "Love String" by mistake.

And I'm not sure why picture 21 is in there, that's a young Charlie Drake in a miners hat and for the record he never rode the Tour De France although he was a martyr to his nose candy habit!!!
Maybe #8 has became comfortable with her inner cat suddenly?

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
About £250 for a single sitting per sleeve piece. Every tat is different so sittings could be 10+

A small Livestrong piece would be in the region of £40 - £80 a sitting
I can never understand why some one pays so much for such poor quality art. Neither the substrate or the process is capable of a level of quality that people would put on their walls so why do they pay for it on their bodies?

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Incorrect!
No 1 the lettering is badly spaced, at varying angles and inconsistent, the graduations are blocky and inconsistent.
No2 isn't straight.
No3 has letters which are poorly defined
No 5 the centres of the O R And G don't match.
No7 The base line of the letters varies from letter to letter...

Do I have to go on through the full list?

Would you buy art of this quality/cost to put on your wall at home or would you want it to be better quality /cheaper?

Noodley

I have been thinking of getting a tattoo for a while but have not found anything of a standard I'd want to keep for the rest of my life. I cannae even find a picture I am happy with for my office wall...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I cannae even find a picture I am happy with for my office wall...

o_newell_s_old_boys_escudo_y_equipacion-1381222.jpg

Personally I don't consider a Livestrong to be an 'Armstrong' tattoo myself.

While no-one can dispute that Livestrong and Armstrong will be forever intrinsically linked, how many of these people have had their tattoos done to symbolise their fights against cancer as opposed to reasons of idol worship of the disgraced man himself.

I don't doubt some will have them done for the latter, but knowing the personal reasons for most peoples tattoos I suspect that the majority will have had them done for the former. Maybe not even a cancer fight, maybe some other personal fight. I personally know one guy who this is true for myself, (and no it;'s not me).

So while it may be fun to laugh at poorly executed tattoos, and also the presumed reasons behind them, perhaps think about why that person may have had it done in the first place.

Top Bottom