Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Arran 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Would be rude not to :laugh:
told my wife i would have spent more on beer had it not been a freebie :rolleyes:

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
So with just over a week to go, who's still in?
Ok ... I've quit the ditherin'. I'm in!
Coming up from Debyshire with my camper for a ferry on Friday. Thought I'd make a week of it and enjoy the beautiful isle. Hoping there's no parking restrictions on the front in Brodick so I can leave it there for the day.
I managed (dare I say enjoyed?) a 46 mile day with my camping-laden tourer up Glen Lyon last week so reckon I'm up for this.
So, I'll see you folks at Brodick on Saturday morning. Will you be on the ferry arriving at 10:40am? And shall I wear a rose in my buttonhole or will my blue, black and white Cube Peleton Pro (accompanied by a greying old fart) be sufficient ID :scratch: ?
Saw that video from You Tube. Brilliant.
Really looking forward to the ride.
Cheers
Geoff
PS Arranandy, say hi if you see me looking lost and out of place.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Optimism is fading somewhat here, I still don't have an answer about getting the day off :cursing:

Mike is currently not a happy bunny.

I may even sulk :cry:

Reactions: GBC
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Coming up from Debyshire with my camper for a ferry on Friday. Thought I'd make a week of it and enjoy the beautiful isle. Hoping there's no parking restrictions on the front in Brodick so I can leave it there for the day.
I managed (dare I say enjoyed?) a 46 mile day with my camping-laden tourer up Glen Lyon last week so reckon I'm up for this.
So, I'll see you folks at Brodick on Saturday morning. Will you be on the ferry arriving at 10:40am? And shall I wear a rose in my buttonhole or will my blue, black and white Cube Peleton Pro (accompanied by a greying old fart) be sufficient ID :scratch: ?
Cheers
Geoff
great news, I know the bike so will spot you. not sure re parking, but we will see you on the ferry(945 depart from Ardrossan) .

Last edited:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
If your heading to Ardrossan down the M8, would service station at Livingston Deer Park roundabout be a good meeting point. If not I could probably get a lift to Winchburgh, too early for a cycle ! If still OK for lift what time do you reckon ?
I can pick you up from anywhere in Livi, jst let me know

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Telemark, have you decided whether you are going to join us on Saturday? If you want a lift through to the ferry with @ShooglyDougie and me we need to know to work out what time we need to leave in the morning. No hurry, along as you let us know by Friday evening.

Hi Dougie - thanks, will do! :thumbsup: I'm afraid I need to carry on sitting on the fence for a bit longer, much as I'd like to just say yes (and be damned - if that's not a prohibited word on here :scratch::giggle:). Too many other commitments to juggle at the moment ... :sad:

Sorry to hear @MikeW-71 can't say yet, either - who is going to do the videos if you aren't there? :ohmy:

T

Cheers
Geoff

No restrictions on parking on Brodick seafront or there's a carpark along in the village at the beach which you could use.
I'll look out for you. I'll probably be riding a black and white (with a touch of orange) Colnago

Col5632

Guru
Well I've hurt my ribs playing football last night, atm I'm struggling to breath in but i'm praying i feel better for saturday, if i miss it i will :cry:

Top Bottom