Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Arran 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
LATE summer :stop:... we need a late (or even mid-) spring ride first ;)

T
What like a preparatory training day say to Bealach Na Ba to get in shape? :whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Bute is great, lots of wee loops and bailout options for monsoon conditions, I'd love to go back to Bute, it's a few years since the last time :hyper:.
Seeing as it was your idea, why don't you put up a new thread? :smile:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Erm well i'm not exactly l-IT-erate....:whistle:

Not THAT difficult, even I can do it!
Go to the 'CycleChat and Informal Rides' sub-forum, and on the top right hand side above all the threads there is a wee blue button 'Post new thread' ...
then you just fill in the boxes - easy!
Go on, you know you want to :thumbsup:

T

Not THAT difficult, even I can do it!
Go to the 'CycleChat and Informal Rides' sub-forum, and on the top right hand side above all the threads there is a wee blue button 'Post new thread' ...
then you just fill in the boxes - easy!
Go on, you know you want to :thumbsup:

T
Just been looking......think will start as a chat first and find a suitable date. It's getting rather busy with lots of suggestions......

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yes, we almost need a diary to keep track of all the CC Ecosse stuff :smile:. I just try and make the next one, one at a time. The more rides are offered, the more likely everybody can at least make a few rides every year :thumbsup:. A couple of years ago (?) these rides were like hens' teeth, good to see them multiplying :hyper:.

Not much there for March/April/May yet .... nudge nudge

T

Brandane

Legendary Member
Bute is great, lots of wee loops and bailout options for monsoon conditions, I'd love to go back to Bute, it's a few years since the last time :hyper:.
Seeing as it was your idea, why don't you put up a new thread? :smile:

T

Ahem, *cough*, see this post!
Google "Brandane" and you will see why I might want to organise a ride to Bute.
Here is one we did earlier, slightly spoiled by the rain.
Could always do a variation on that ride, but on a weekend and hope for better weather?
To avoid derailing this thread re Arran, will start another.

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Ahem, *cough*, see this post!
Google "Brandane" and you will see why I might want to organise a ride to Bute.
Here is one we did earlier, slightly spoiled by the rain.
Could always do a variation on that ride, but on a weekend and hope for better weather?
To avoid derailing this thread re Arran, will start another.

I learned what a Brandane is when I was last on Bute :angel:, but thought your mentioning of a ride 'around Argyll and Bute' was covering a huge range of possibilities :thumbsup: ... didn't mean to step on your Brandane toes :blush:. All I can say is the more rides the better :wahhey:.

To get back on the Arran topic, are you planning a clockwise or anti-clockwise circumnavigation @Louch, or possibly a variation via the String Road?

T

Top Bottom